Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Julio Urias Callup Coming Soon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Why waste him in a bullpen role? Would it be better for his development to keep him as a starter in AAA to build up his workload?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
LA prob just wants to get his feet wet. Of course they prob need his help in the pen also.

Urias must be stoked. I love his delivery.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I wish he weren't a dodger so I could root more for the guy. A great story of him over coming his eye trouble is inspiring. Maybe I can just pull for him and root harder against the boys in blue

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
LA prob just wants to get his feet wet. Of course they prob need his help in the pen also.

Urias must be stoked. I love his delivery.
In that regard I would think Jharel Cotton would be a better option as he is more suited for a bullpen role with his mechanics and having only 2 above average pitches. I just think it's not the best to bounce Urias back and forth between starting and relieving, as much as I'd like to see him pitch in the majors.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why waste him in a bullpen role? Would it be better for his development to keep him as a starter in AAA to build up his workload?

In that regard I would think Jharel Cotton would be a better option as he is more suited for a bullpen role with his mechanics and having only 2 above average pitches. I just think it's not the best to bounce Urias back and forth between starting and relieving, as much as I'd like to see him pitch in the majors.

Agreed, while I would love to see Urias in MLB action, no need to rush him along to place him in the pen. They are capping his innings this season, which is fine, but use those innings to provide value which will not come from a few inning a week in a relief role.

Members online

Latest posts