Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Max Bid vs Final Price - Biggest Difference You've Had

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
What auction did you win where the difference between your max bid and what you won it for was the greatest? In other words, what was your greatest steal compared to what you were prepared to pay.

Mine, I bid $2000.01 on an RJ card, thinking it would end at ~$1,200 if my competitor was active that day. It was a collection highlight card I had to have so I was prepared to overpay a good deal.

I ended up getting it for $450. $1,550 below what I was mentally prepared to throw down. I felt my like $1,200 estimation was correct but the person I expected to bid to there was MIA that Sunday.

Yours?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have a few

1) Bid 350 on a 98 prized jeter won it for $100.

2) Bid 400 on a Sean Taylor /10 card and won it for 100 as well. People hyped it up so much that people were scared to bid I suppose.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Probably not my largest ever but just yesterday I bid $150 on a 1998 Tek Galarraga diffractor thinking the big spenders would snipe it. I won it for $20. Woo hoo!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Probably not my largest ever but just yesterday I bid $150 on a 1998 Tek Galarraga diffractor thinking the big spenders would snipe it. I won it for $20. Woo hoo!

Great Pickup!!.. I was very surprised how low that one went for. I was tempted to bid, but glad I didn't, cause I would have just jacked your price up and not won it.. :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What auction did you win where the difference between your max bid and what you won it for was the greatest? In other words, what was your greatest steal compared to what you were prepared to pay.

Mine, I bid $2000.01 on an RJ card, thinking it would end at ~$1,200 if my competitor was active that day. It was a collection highlight card I had to have so I was prepared to overpay a good deal.

I ended up getting it for $450. $1,550 below what I was mentally prepared to throw down. I felt my like $1,200 estimation was correct but the person I expected to bid to there was MIA that Sunday.

Yours?

There are Randy Johnson cards that go for $1200?

Christ! And here I was griping about the price of Bagwell stuff!😱

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts