Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tyler Anderson debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2011 first round pick for the Rockies, left Tyler Anderson makes his MLB debut this afternoon at Coors Field against the Padres. I don't normally post about these things, and I doubt there is much (if any) prospecting love for a Rockies pitcher, but I'm excited. The Rox starting pitching has been surprising good this past week, and this is one of three big arms they have had waiting in the minors.

such a beautiful day I'm tempted to drive down to Coors, but that will have to wait for Tuesday night and the Yankees.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I don't even recognize that name, in fact when I saw this thread I thought maybe OP meant to say Tim Anderson but for whatever reason posted Tyler.

But after reading this I decided to do a little research on Tyler Anderson and his career minor league stats look very good and it makes me wonder what it was that has held this guy back from being called up sooner. Would you be able to fill me in Bombjack? I saw he didn't pitch in 2015, was there a TJ surgery around that time? But even before 2015 his stats look quiet reasonable.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I don't even recognize that name, in fact when I saw this thread I thought maybe OP meant to say Tim Anderson but for whatever reason posted Tyler.

But after reading this I decided to do a little research on Tyler Anderson and his career minor league stats look very good and it makes me wonder what it was that has held this guy back from being called up sooner. Would you be able to fill me in Bombjack? I saw he didn't pitch in 2015, was there a TJ surgery around that time? But even before 2015 his stats look quiet reasonable.
Yeah, he had a very good 2014 at AA (ERA under 2) but lost 2015 due to a broken arm that required surgery. The Rockies have been trying to be smart about their pitching prospects and move them slow. They really haven't been close to competing for the postseason in the last 5 years, so no reason to rush anyone. There are two more promising pitchers that should be ready soon, and they loaded up on power pitchers in the draft this year as well. expect those guys to be brought along slowly as well.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I know it was against the Padres, but still, nice debut
Yes it was, and I am happy they started him against a weaker lineup like this. He pitched very well; too bad German couldn't close out the 7th to get Anderson the W, which he deserved. I hope he keeps it up!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yeah, he had a very good 2014 at AA (ERA under 2) but lost 2015 due to a broken arm that required surgery. The Rockies have been trying to be smart about their pitching prospects and move them slow. They really haven't been close to competing for the postseason in the last 5 years, so no reason to rush anyone. There are two more promising pitchers that should be ready soon, and they loaded up on power pitchers in the draft this year as well. expect those guys to be brought along slowly as well.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, Anderson put together a very nice major league debut, even if it was against the Padres. Nearly a strikeout per inning, less base runners reached than innings pitched & no walks issued. It's too bad German blew the game and quite literally stole the win from Anderson.

Members online

Latest posts