Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 NBA Draft rolling thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
At #50 , the Indiana Pacers select Georges Niang, PF, Iowa St. I love this pick as well !

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
At pick #52 , the Utah Jazz select Joel Bolomboy, PF, Weber St.

Patrick McCaw traded from the Bucks to the Warriors for financial considerations.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Pick #55 , the Brooklyn Nets select Marcus Paige, PG, UNC.

He's heading to Utah for Isaiah Whitehead.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The last pick of the 2016 NBA Draft, #60 , the Utah Jazz select Tyrone Wallace, PG, California.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Foreign born is different than only played in foreign leagues. I'd have to research, but what % of foreign born players didn't play in the US (College or semi pro) 1st?

Ryan

This was the statement...

I absolutely can't stand all of the foreign picks... History has proven they're wasted picks... It ruins the draft for me.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
This was the statement...

Read what I asked. There is a difference and he wasn't talking about foreign born players who play in US colleges etc, he was talking about foreign players who haven't set foot basically in US yet to play in some college or league. Again, there is a difference and you threw out a "around 100", but of those, how many for into the played here in US before vs played only on foreign teams. I'm sure you understand what his point / my point is.

Ryan

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Read what I asked. There is a difference and he wasn't talking about foreign born players who play in US colleges etc, he was talking about foreign players who haven't set foot basically in US yet to play in some college or league. Again, there is a difference and you threw out a "around 100", but of those, how many for into the played here in US before vs played only on foreign teams. I'm sure you understand what his point / my point is.

Ryan

So did you do the math?

I wasn't really digging that deep. Saying the foreign players makes you not watch the draft seems like an odd statement. Seems like if there were better American players they would go first...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm told a guy I know from work is cousins with Ingram. I'm going Monday morning to find out if it's true and if it's distance cousins like me with a Mexican soccer player

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
So did you do the math?

I wasn't really digging that deep. Saying the foreign players makes you not watch the draft seems like an odd statement. Seems like if there were better American players they would go first...

Yeah, that's really my point. They should go first. Gary Payton, Jr, Undrafted, Marcus Paige at #55 , Isaiah Whitehead at #42 , even Brice Johnson at #25 are all incredible picks with at least a chance of being something special, whereas most of the foreign (straight foreign w/ no USA experience) are wasted picks, and will never amount to anything, and sometimes never even come to the USA to play anyways. There should be a separate, foreign draft for people like that. Doesn't baseball do something different with foreign players?

Members online

Latest posts