Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Sold cards are not appearing in completed sales. I've witnessed that for some other sellers as well, not sure how they arrange that. I've sold several cards via eBay via COMC at this juncture. There are simply more eyes and buyers on eBay. I think the overpriced crap narrative is tired.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sold cards are not appearing in completed sales. I've witnessed that for some other sellers as well, not sure how they arrange that. I've sold several cards via eBay via COMC at this juncture. There are simply more eyes and buyers on eBay. I think the overpriced crap narrative is tired.

Interesting , at first glance I was wondering how all the time to code the items and send to eBay made sense with 5 items sold. If they are getting better movement than that, that's good for the sellers at this point. At this point Id say the problem is that the pricing doesn't include an offer function. If they do that, it could be great for COMC sellers.

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Has comc stopped selling on eBay or created higher standards for listing comc inventory on eBay? I was going thru about four days worth of ebay saved searches emails today and I realized I had not seen a single comc listed card!

JustMoe

Mar 13, 2015
Burien, WA
They say it's since it's still in "beta", they've stopped cross-listing for the time being, but say it'll be back "shortly" - granted, that was almost a month ago since they posted that update - you have to wonder that they consider "shortly".

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
you have to wonder that they consider "shortly".

Until they get their staffing set? Haven't they had problems with slower order fulfillment in recent months or am I misremembering previous COMC discussions?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
My 2500+ listings are still cross posted.

As a seller, I'm ecstatic. 53% of my sales since the cross promotion have come from eBay. That more than doubles my sales.

I guess as a buyer, I don't let it bother me. Just like I don't let Burbank's listings bother me (except using other people's scans).

It's not any different than going through a box of cards at a show, trying to find the diamond in the rough that is valuable AND underpriced. :)

Happy collecting!

Eddie

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Listings that were already cross-listed are still there but nothing new has been listed for weeks now...

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I didn't realize they quit cross listing until about an hour ago. Thankfully Mac gave me a heads up on an awesome card that was listed.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I just today seen two cards from them on eBay I needed. Went to comc picked them up for lower shipping than they had on eBay. Kinda weird but saved some bucks.

If I see a COMC card I need/want on eBay I immediately go to COMC and make an offer.......unless it is a complete steal I am not sure why anyone would buy their eBay listings.

Apr 13, 2010
If I see a COMC card I need/want on eBay I immediately go to COMC and make an offer.......unless it is a complete steal I am not sure why anyone would buy their eBay listings.
People don't want deal with COMC store credit. Sold three cards from my COMC inventory through eBay just this weekend.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
People don't want deal with COMC store credit. Sold three cards from my COMC inventory through eBay just this weekend.
That is something I 100% agree with. I hate the damn store credit deal. I don't sell on there and when I see something cheap I put then minimum in my account but I do better better deals on comc than ebay

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Looks like COMC has flooded ebay with cards again. Lots of 1980's minor league singles showed up in my ebay alert email today. $2.25 per card when you can buy the 25-30 card team set from other sellers for under $5 and of course COMC $3.99 shipping.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
You simply have to add them to the excluded sellers on your saved searches, they've polluted the listings so much.

My full 'Randy Johnson' search is 9,800 items. If I add back in COMC, Burbank, the hostage holders it balloons to 19,000.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Looks like COMC has flooded ebay with cards again. Lots of 1980's minor league singles showed up in my ebay alert email today. $2.25 per card when you can buy the 25-30 card team set from other sellers for under $5 and of course COMC $3.99 shipping.

That's DallasCardboys as the original seller on COMC. That's his lowest starting point on any card, whether it's minor league or current. He and I believe MCViser on EBay break up the minor league team sets all the time and sell them individually (the guy on eBay charges 12.99 a card and then $7 for shipping!)

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's DallasCardboys as the original seller on COMC. That's his lowest starting point on any card, whether it's minor league or current. He and I believe MCViser on EBay break up the minor league team sets all the time and sell them individually (the guy on eBay charges 12.99 a card and then $7 for shipping!)

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

If anyone is looking for minor league cards minorleaguesingles.com is the best place I've found. That guys has a ton, a bit more "old school website", that phrase doesn't sound right yet, but he is incredibly easy to work with and for a lot of minor league cards his prices are hard to beat. Just bought a batch from him, highly recommend.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I have to admit I kinda like the cross listings between comc and eBay. I nabbed the card below because it was cross listed on eBay - simply put some $$$ in my comc and bought it. Wouldn't have found it right away otherwise since I browse eBay a lot more than I do comc. This card finishes my 2014 Donruss Season Stat Line Rockies team set - never thought I'd get it done with all the short prints in 2014. Morneau /17, 2 Tulos /25, Wilin Rosario /21, and an Arenado /10 as well as the Helton /22.

Todd-Helton.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts