Thread: COMC on eBay

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    I have to admit I kinda like the cross listings between comc and eBay. I nabbed the card below because it was cross listed on eBay - simply put some $$$ in my comc and bought it. Wouldn't have found it right away otherwise since I browse eBay a lot more than I do comc. This card finishes my 2014 Donruss Season Stat Line Rockies team set - never thought I'd get it done with all the short prints in 2014. Morneau /17, 2 Tulos /25, Wilin Rosario /21, and an Arenado /10 as well as the Helton /22.

Exact same thing has happened with me several times
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought from minorleaguesingles.com as well, I also highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    If anyone is looking for minor league cards minorleaguesingles.com is the best place I've found. That guys has a ton, a bit more "old school website", that phrase doesn't sound right yet, but he is incredibly easy to work with and for a lot of minor league cards his prices are hard to beat. Just bought a batch from him, highly recommend.
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (1,900+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope people whose cards are listed on ebay thru COMC are paying something to have those ebay listings. I'm watching a patch card that didn't sell a month or two ago ($10 too high, IMHO), then was relisted about 30 days ago at the same price, and now relisted again at the same price. I hope all these relistings are costing the seller of the card and maybe the next relisting might be a reasonable BIN so they quit incurring more listing expenses to sell it.

If COMC would charge $3/month fee to the seller for the ebay exposure, the card would be taken down quickly or priced to sell.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I hope people whose cards are listed on ebay thru COMC are paying something to have those ebay listings. I'm watching a patch card that didn't sell a month or two ago ($10 too high, IMHO), then was relisted about 30 days ago at the same price, and now relisted again at the same price. I hope all these relistings are costing the seller of the card and maybe the next relisting might be a reasonable BIN so they quit incurring more listing expenses to sell it.

If COMC would charge $3/month fee to the seller for the ebay exposure, the card would be taken down quickly or priced to sell.
    I dunno how they could do it, but a BO option would be a big improvement to me.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I dunno how they could do it, but a BO option would be a big improvement to me.

Wouldn't that be the same as going on COMC and making an offer?! Not sure why they would do that-whole point of the eBay listings is to drive traffic to COMC.com.

Anybody who is buying from them off eBay anyways is just throwing money away with shipping and other fees.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doerrcollector View Post
    Wouldn't that be the same as going on COMC and making an offer?! Not sure why they would do that-whole point of the eBay listings is to drive traffic to COMC.com.

Anybody who is buying from them off eBay anyways is just throwing money away with shipping and other fees.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    I just hate having money wrapped up in COMC. I try to keep any money spent on cards limited to money from cards so I hate having to deposit money just to make an offer

bossshark2001
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post

There is a charge, but not one that would prevent what you are mentioning...it's COMC who does the relisting on behalf of the seller...

"List on eBay (BETA) and Amazon
    No - Do not list my items on eBay.com and Amazon.com
    Yes - I will accept 20% off offers from eBay and Amazon
    By selecting this option, you agree to accept offers for 20% off when your items are purchased from eBay.com and Amazon.com. This is to cover the eBay listing and commission fees and the Amazon commission fees."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345