Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which hypothetical collection would you want?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Player A has had 1000 total cards issued in his career. The breakdown of his card types is as follows:

40% Base and Rookie Cards = 400 cards
25% Inserts / Parallels / Numbered = 250 cards
15% Memorabilia Cards = 150 cards
15% Autograph Cards = 150 cards
5% 1 of 1 Cards (includes some autos, patches, plates and game used not counted in above) = 50 cards

If you collected Player A, which collection choice from the following options would be most appealing to you? Better yet, rank all the options from favorite to least favorite.

1) 100% of his base and rookie cards in PSA9 holders = 400 cards
2) 100% of his base, rookie, insert, parallel and numbered (no GU/auto) ungraded = 650 cards
3) 100% of his memorabilia and autograph cards = 300 cards
4) 50% of his base, rookie, insert, parallel and numbered, and 50% of his memorabilia and auto = 475 cards
5) 100% of his 1/1 cards = 50 cards

My rankings would be: 3, 5, 2, 4, 1

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
3, 5, 2, 4, 1.

I can always change my mind after I have option 3 and at the very least decide to chase option 2. ;)

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Here's an order that hasn't been stated yet.

5 3 1 4 2

I could go with 3 and 5 in either order, but feel comfortable with choosing 1, 4, and 2 in that order on the backend.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
2,4,3,5,1 (as long as 2 and 4 included his promo/oddball type items that wouldn't fit into GU or Auto)

Ryan

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Depends on the player, if it is a modern player I have no interest in his cards in PSA 9. If it is Nolan Ryan, Sandy Koufax, Pete Rose, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle or Roberto Clemente I am all over the PSA 9s.

I am also not a huge fan of cards made after a players retirement, or sticker autograph or patch cards. I do make the exception for Heritage and Archives on card autographs or rookie reprint autographs. I am a sucker for those.

I would rather have PSA 10s of modern players than patch/printing plates/ or sticker autos. I particularly hate cards where there is a tiny picture of the player and some huge piece of jersey especially if it is a nameplate or something like that. I collect cards, primarily rookie cards, if it is autographed that is fine, but I would rather have a true rc that an insert autograph of most players I collect.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
No body has the same ranking as I do, that shows how all our collecting habits can be quite unique.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts