Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Sale Suspended Five Games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here's what is known -

1) The White Sox supposedly want 5 top tier prospects in exchange for him,
2) He was scratched from tonight's start. Early rumors were flu-like symptoms,
3) Jon Morosi now reports he is not ill.

I'll keep you posted.

But this could be a potential blockbuster.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Confirmed: Sale not ill, as @jonmorosi said. Statement coming soon.

Consider me on the edge of my seat.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No. Just......no.

Tommy Stokke ‏@StokkeTommy
Not a joke: Source says Sale blowup was because he didn't want to wear throwbacks, so he cut the jerseys up so no one could wear them.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
All the scouts talk about Chris Sale's fastball and slider and changeup, and it turns out the thing that gets him in trouble was a cutter.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Depends on the uniform, I guess. If they were the throwback beer league unis, then I don't blame him.

533405137_7d19448365_o.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Lorena Bobbitt is in love with Chris Sale because she likes cutting, too!

This incident shouldn't hurt Sale's trade value, IMHO. It's not like the incident was domestic violence or drunk driving.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The incident aside, why would the White Sox want to trade Sale anyway?
He's signed through the end of 2019 and he's underpaid compared to other pitchers of his calibur.
Plus, he's 27 and in the prime of his career.

Why would the Sox trade him for prospects who may become good, and have a 1% chance of being as incredible as Sale?
If the Sox want to rebuild, then do it around Sale since he's so young. I don't get why teams would trade their superstars when they're still young and have years left on their contract. I know he's their best bargaining chip, but Sale's value is just too high to risk trading for unproven talent.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The incident aside, why would the White Sox want to trade Sale anyway?
He's signed through the end of 2019 and he's underpaid compared to other pitchers of his calibur.
Plus, he's 27 and in the prime of his career.

Why would the Sox trade him for prospects who may become good, and have a 1% chance of being as incredible as Sale?
If the Sox want to rebuild, then do it around Sale since he's so young. I don't get why teams would trade their superstars when they're still young and have years left on their contract. I know he's their best bargaining chip, but Sale's value is just too high to risk trading for unproven talent.

Come on, seriously? You trade sale because u have James shields

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
All the scouts talk about Chris Sale's fastball and slider and changeup, and it turns out the thing that gets him in trouble was a cutter.

I was reading Twitter in reverse chronological order when I saw this Tweet about the incident first. I was so confused...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
And it appears he's standing his ground on this. Not sure how it really equates to winning the game but whatever.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Do people respect him for this? I hope not. Find something better to take a stand on without destroying property , the efforts of others, interrupting you're employer, affecting fan experience, etc etc. I'm not sure why, just something really irritates me about this move. If I were the team I'd add more punishment than this.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online