Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aroldis Chapman Traded to Cubs For Gleyber Torres/Billy McKinney/Adam Warren/Rashad Crawford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
As a Red Sox fan, I hate this trade. Yankees restock with solid prospects. Red Sox have fewer games against the slightly weaker Yankees than the O's do (Miller and Betances are still VERY formidable). And, if the unthinkable happens and the Red Sox and Cubs play in October, this really hurts.

Yankees 4, Red Sox 0.

Well done NY. Should pay dividends for years to come.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I know this trade is about Torres and McKinney, but I'm a huge fan of Rashad Crawford. The numbers aren't there for him, but the dude just looks like a ballplayer. He looks taller to me than his listed 6'3" height, good build, incredibly athletic, good speed, and he's got a great swing. He's still a little bit on the raw side, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few years down the road everything clicks for him and he turns into a serviceable role player at the major league level. I've seen him play a few times in person this year and he's one of my favorites to watch besides Happ. Torres didn't impress me much offensively, but I saw him earlier this year a few times when he was struggling at the plate. Defensively he was fantastic though.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I know this trade is about Torres and McKinney, but I'm a huge fan of Rashad Crawford. The numbers aren't there for him, but the dude just looks like a ballplayer. He looks taller to me than his listed 6'3" height, good build, incredibly athletic, good speed, and he's got a great swing. He's still a little bit on the raw side, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few years down the road everything clicks for him and he turns into a serviceable role player at the major league level. I've seen him play a few times in person this year and he's one of my favorites to watch besides Happ. Torres didn't impress me much offensively, but I saw him earlier this year a few times when he was struggling at the plate. Defensively he was fantastic though.

I'm happy they got Warren back, very versatile. Can come out of the pen, start, spot start, whatever is needed

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Eye-opening note from Sarah Langs, of ESPN Stats & Info: Aroldis Chapman hasn't allowed a run vs. the Cardinals in almost 5 years. That's 25 straight scoreless appearances, 46 K's

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Seriously, dude?

HELPS!

1) For one thing, he would have a clearer path to the bigs now.
2) He's been traded to the biggest market of all, to the biggest fan base of all. All prospect values flourish 'round those parts.

lol i dumped all my Torres stash earlier, including a purple ref auto and a regular ref auto.

Members online

Latest posts