Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Predicament

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eppd3707

Jan 4, 2016
So last week I bid on a 1/1 card of one of the players I collect. I was the only bidder and was winning the card at $.99. A day or so prior to the card ending the seller cancels my bid and gives the reasoning that the card is no longer available. I attempted to contact the seller to see what happened and never got a response. Now, I just searched for the player and, lo and behold, there is the card. This time with a buy it now for more than I was looking to spend. Anyone ever have a similar experience? Anything I can do except bite the bullet and buy the card?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
IMO you should put the seller on blast (I don't know if this is against board rules) but this kind of thing really grinds my gears. There's nothing you can really do that would force the sellers hand into selling it to you for $.99, but this kind of stuff is total crap and I wouldn't deal with someone who operates like that.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
If it's not a crazy high buy it now, buy it, then leave a negative because the seller is an A$$.

Scott F

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
I had a similar situation with a buy it now. I bought it and then seller claimed the card was no longer available. It was psa graded. So it was easy to identify when he reposted it a week later for more money. I contacted buyer and got nothing. Then I called eBay and spent 30 min on the phone to get nowhere. So don't waste your time. Let it go.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Unfortunately, although the seller lied to you, they can end there auction early by canceling all bids. It is not the best business practice in the world, but they do have the right as far as I am aware.

The thing is, most of the heavy bidding is in the last minute most of the time, so ending an item early because there are no bids with a day to go can be a mistake.

Members online

Latest posts