Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for the group regarding Hall of Fame eligibility...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Don't take offense at the comment. It was not directed at you. It is just that you see the same stuff over and over…the hall is too watered down, these guys deserve to be in, put in Jackson and Rose, Jackson and Rose don't ever deserve to be in, steroids, DH love or lack thereof, etc.

Well I was looking for opinions......both new and old. How about giving us yours?

I have shared my opinion on this subject many times. I am on the side that feels the HOF could stand to include another 20-30 or more guys and still not be "watered" down as the HOF still only represents less than 2% of the all-time player list. DaClyde spells it out well above.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I feel that it takes a lot to stay on a major league roster as it is. And it takes even more to be a great or even a good or above average player for a long time. How many players do we see who are the biggest thing since day light and they kind of peter out? It takes a lot to be good for a long time. That's good enough in my book.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Lets put a Barry Bonds bat in there

Here kids...This is a bat used by Barry Bonds...He hit alot of home runs, but he cheated to do it...

Great idea to teach the kids that cheating is ok :)

As has been said many times before, if you removed all the cheaters, there might be a couple dozen people in the Hall, and no one would care about it.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I want Bonds in the Hall, no question.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Don't take offense at the comment. It was not directed at you. It is just that you see the same stuff over and over…the hall is too watered down, these guys deserve to be in, put in Jackson and Rose, Jackson and Rose don't ever deserve to be in, steroids, DH love or lack thereof, etc.

I have shared my opinion on this subject many times. I am on the side that feels the HOF could stand to include another 20-30 or more guys and still not be "watered" down as the HOF still only represents less than 2% of the all-time player list. DaClyde spells it out well above.

Please know that I took no offense by your comment. I was just trying to push the discussion forward, that's all! Thanks for your response!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Lets put a Barry Bonds bat in there

Here kids...This is a bat used by Barry Bonds...He hit alot of home runs, but he cheated to do it...

Great idea to teach the kids that cheating is ok :)

You cannot hide the history of the game but you can certainly uphold the values and the rules that have been set in place to ensure that all played on a .....excuse the pun...level playing field. You break the rules (steroids, betting, whatever) you get punished by the rules that were in place. Now the Hall of Fame is a different animal entirely as it is a private entity and does not have to abide by the rules set forth in by MLB. Granted, it helps to kiss the MLB backside since the Hall is making their money off of the big leagues but in terms of enshrinement, they can elect anyone they want. To be fair, unless Clemons, Big Mac, Sosa and the others have been suspended indefinitely from the game (and they have not), there is no reason why those guys should not join their counterparts in the Hall as they still have eligibility. As for me, I feel those guys cheated and were not on a level playing field and keeping them out of the hall is justified. I do suspect that these known cheaters will have their day and eventually be elected but possibly with a more subdued, and less celebratory enshrinement once they become older and not in a position to enjoy their Hall of Fame status nearly as much as they would have in their "younger" years. They will pay the price for their misdeeds by being made to wait, perhaps even after they are dead and gone like I feel Pete Rose will be made to wait.

Members online

Latest posts