Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is happening with COMC? Anyone have a good contact there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2009
Nearly a month to ship at standard shipping service? The only upgrade options add $10+ in cost.

Also, absolutely horrendous and incompetent customer service this year. It used to be great, prompt, and seemed as though critical thought was exercised when it came to unique items/new information. Now, it's a different story and emails go unreturned and items sit needlessly in limbo for months.

Does anyone have a solid point person there? Someone who can help out, review and return emails?

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Whoa looks like they have over 20,000 positive feedback transactions in the past month...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, I am at 6 days since a shipment was requested and it still says in the next few days. Lame, but then again in the big picture, I don't need the cards in a certain time frame. $4 is what I would expect for prompt service and decent package job, so then lose points there for sure by being this slow.

Jan 14, 2009
Yep, I am at 6 days since a shipment was requested and it still says in the next few days. Lame, but then again in the big picture, I don't need the cards in a certain time frame. $4 is what I would expect for prompt service and decent package job, so then lose points there for sure by being this slow.

My last shipment at the $4 rate has taken over three weeks to be marked shipped. Not a huge deal for me, I get it and delays happen, I know, but the fact that my next tier shipping cost option was $17 or something is insane. Had there been much in there besides PC nostalgia items, it would be very frustrating to be forced into such high costs for moderate ship times.

But back to the main question: does anyone have a contact at COMC they like or have worked with that I can send an email to? Not about shipping but a volume of items currently in limbo there.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just called them and they said that these new rates are temporary.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Just from the whispers I've heard around local shows. They just opened a new shipping facility and are working on hiring new people for shipping. I expect everything to pick back up but right now they have a low amount of people doing a high amount of shipping

Dec 4, 2008
The shipping delays are undoubtedly 99% ebay related. I hope their algo for keeping inventory synched can handle it! Burbank handles it at a comparable scale but they have the convenience of having everything owned by the company vs a tangled consignment mess. Good luck COMC!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The shipping delays are undoubtedly 99% ebay related. I hope their algo for keeping inventory synched can handle it! Burbank handles it at a comparable scale but they have the convenience of having everything owned by the company vs a tangled consignment mess. Good luck COMC!

Burbank shipping is faster than most sellers as a general rule. I've never waited more than three days to receive my cards after paying. Most of the time only two days.

JustMoe

Mar 13, 2015
Burien, WA
Pretty much what people have said so far...they got slammed by the popularity of cross-listing on eBay, which was poorly timed, what with a move to a new space happening around the same time. Also, they have trouble hiring/keeping people, probably because their pay rates aren't competitive with other companies in the area. It's not a hard job but people gotta pay rent and eat and stuff, which is hard to do on COMC wages, especially in western Washington. It's been over a month and there hasn't been much improvement yet, but hopefully they can find some new people and speed things up...

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The crappy part is they seem to be giving shipping priority to eBay sales. I don't blame them necessarily since they can actually feel repercussions there if they don't but it's kind of a slap in the face to loyal customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
over two weeks to get a $50.00 plus order here . needed it last Friday = lost sales on my end . I didn't make offers I took their listed price .

JustMoe

Mar 13, 2015
Burien, WA
The crappy part is they seem to be giving shipping priority to eBay sales. I don't blame them necessarily since they can actually feel repercussions there if they don't but it's kind of a slap in the face to loyal customers

Well, the eBay (as well as Amazon) users are paying extra for shipping, so they're getting bumped to the front of the queue...if you want your cards sooner, you can pay for the expedited shipping service - as users have been told they can do by their customer service team. Management is pretty aware that they can push the "COMC Nation" because the loyal users really aren't going anywhere soon, regardless of how much they complain about the service. So, eBay and Amazon can get the preferential treatment and everyone else can just wait.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Well, the eBay (as well as Amazon) users are paying extra for shipping, so they're getting bumped to the front of the queue...

Shipping charges should be the same now with the recent COMC.com shipping fee hike.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Customers are only loyal to a point. I would guess that as long as you can buy from a variety of sellers and get your package shipped for $3-4, then that is a huge win over a lot of other places. I'm sure most of us are tired of the 1-2 cards and $3-4 s/h per seller choices on ebay. I try to find other items from ebay sellers, but in the end I usually just end up buying more items I would not necessarily have purchased otherwise. That is a huge win for the seller, but not so much for me. As long as the prices of items you buy stay reasonable on COMC (and that is starting to become a challenge), then the shipping speed can be factored in. I personally don't need the cards fast as they are simply to add to my collection and not for resale, it is just an expectation that was set over my last5 years & 10+ orders from them. If I know that it will take 2 weeks, then I will plan for that.

That said, even loyal users change under the right circumstances.

Management is pretty aware that they can push the "COMC Nation" because the loyal users really aren't going anywhere soon, regardless of how much they complain about the service. So, eBay and Amazon can get the preferential treatment and everyone else can just wait.

Members online

No members online now.