Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rebirth of SLU?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Yes it's football but maybe this promotion will come to baseball.1469834509084.jpg

After a 15-year hiatus, a famous sports brand is returning this fall as a team giveaway.

On Oct. 30, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will give away Starting Lineup figurines of quarterback Jameis Winston to anyone who buys a ticket to the team's game against the Oakland Raiders.

So how is a childhood favorite of sports fans of the 1980s and '90s being resurrected for a promotion?

The Starting Lineup brand is back, at least for one day, with a Jameis Winston figurine that will be given away on Oct. 30.*Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The giveaway is the brainchild of Brian Killingworth, the Buccaneers' chief marketing officer, who fondly recalls his collection of the figurines, particularly those of Keith Hernandez and Wally Joyner.

Set on developing a groundbreaking promotion, Killingworth contacted giveaway company Matchup Promotions. Matchup's Jeff Collins discovered that the Starting Lineup brand, whose last figurines were made in 2001 by Hasbro -- after buying out Kenner, which originally produced the line -- was now owned by a Nashville businessman who had not yet done anything with the name.

Collins struck a deal to be the only giveaway company to make Starting Lineup products and went back to Killingworth. Over the past couple of months, the two perfected the new product: the clear plastic holder packaging with a slightly updated Starting Lineup logo, the card that Starting Lineup figurines came with, and the size and look of the figurine itself.

Single-game tickets went on sale Thursday. The cheapest ticket that can be purchased from the Buccaneers for that game costs $50.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's freaking awesome
Those are the exact three words I said when I saw the picture and read the thread.
So cool. I have about 60 Starting Lineups, all opened, that I bought as a kid and young adult. They're all on a shelf in my childhood bedroom at my parents' house. Such great memories.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
My attic is packed with SLU's (mostly Yankees) I would love for them to make a rebound. I also have a giant collection of loose ones. Those where the good ol days.

Members online

No members online now.