Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Not too many pickups besides 2016 base this month but did have to show off one major one

This comes courtesy of @16christensen16 , who contacted me and we were able to work out a deal. Much appreciated buddy!

Been wanting this card since he showed it off a while back as its one of my favorite Doerr cards because I really admire Pee Wee Reese and the way he played the game similar to Doerr. Both never went after the headlines and took a back seat to bigger stars (Reese to Jackie as Doerr was to Ted), but both still HOFers themselves.

2004 Leaf Limited Matching Numbers Prime Pee Wee Reese/Doerr #1 /1
View attachment 64191
View attachment 64192

Thanks,
Jeff

what an awesome card!!!

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Another - 2001 UD Legends of NY Don Mattingly Bat Auto

uc

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got this awesome looking Jim Thome card in yesterday:

2003 Fleer Avant GU Jersey AM/JT 28/50 with a red stripe right down the middle of the card!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Kevin -- Congrats on the Bernie! Very tough to find, I don't think I've ever seen the O'Neill.

Topnotchsy - Yes, extremely tough.

From BaseballCardPedia...

First Pitch Preview

This promo set parallels the first 100 cards in the base set. Collectors who answered a series of trivia questions correctly on the Pinnacle Brands website would receive one randomly selected First Pitch Preview card via mail. Cards were also distributed to collectors on Pinnacle's mailing list. The cards are similar in design except for the bronze foil highlights and a logo on the front designating them as "First Pitch Preview" cards.

Production has been estimated at only 50-60 copies of each card, making it one of the toughest promo sets of the era.

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Kevin -- Congrats on the Bernie! Very tough to find, I don't think I've ever seen the O'Neill.

Topnotchsy - Yes, extremely tough.

From BaseballCardPedia...

First Pitch Preview

This promo set parallels the first 100 cards in the base set. Collectors who answered a series of trivia questions correctly on the Pinnacle Brands website would receive one randomly selected First Pitch Preview card via mail. Cards were also distributed to collectors on Pinnacle's mailing list. The cards are similar in design except for the bronze foil highlights and a logo on the front designating them as "First Pitch Preview" cards.

Production has been estimated at only 50-60 copies of each card, making it one of the toughest promo sets of the era.

Thanks Ravi, i will keep my eye out for the oniell.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Got this a few days ago, very stoked to finally pick it up.

002_zps1gkwrqqg.jpg

Great pick up. I only have seen a few Bernie's over the years. Like Ravi said I have never laid eyes on the O'neill. That spot has needed to be checked off my list for years. I own a Tino and I think I have a Kevin Brown from that set.

Latest posts