Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what if Topps Now was doing the Olympics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Baseball has been a lot of fun. Soccer--eh, if that's what you like. Preacher--okaaayyy.

Seems to me they missed out by not doing an Olympics version of Topps Now. I understand contracts and likenesses, and licenses and things, but still...

Would you buy?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm sure the best sellers would be the French pole vaulter's grotesquely broken leg, and the Dutch biker who wrecked spectacularly in the road race.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Same as everyone else - no, but others would. I got some olympic cards in a collection a year or 2 back and they sold pretty dang well!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i'm happy with the olympians and hopefuls boxes so I don't need a Topps NOW of that.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think it would've been a hit. Baseball sells ~300 copies of an average card, but it's been going on for months and the average card is like,"Mortimer Snerd struck out 12 guys today" but Olympics would have a greater percentage of tremendous performances, offset by the fact that these performances come in sports that extremely few people care about in the US and, to be honest, are often barely sports. Synchronized diving? Dressage? Weightlifting? These are things people can do, and they involve using your body so you could call them athletic events, but I don't see the sport in them. Yes, weightlifting is a contest, but that's not the only thing that makes an activity a sport. Aside aside, if Topps Now did Olympics it would probably be great, and at least a few people would collect them, likely with a few cards breaking the Colon record.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
From the response Sooz gave on Twitter, it seems like they wanted to but couldn't get the licensing for it. Too bad as I think it would of done well.

And just for the record Sooz, this is definitely not a Topps bashing post ;)

Thanks,
Jeff

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I bought some packs of there Olympic cards this year and pulled this:
GREVERS_zps9scbt0jm.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure the best sellers would be the French pole vaulter's grotesquely broken leg, and the Dutch biker who wrecked spectacularly in the road race.

That would be one gnarly card! I was watching that and am so glad she was ok(at least that's what I heard) afterwards. That looked bad.

Members online

No members online now.