Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grading question...PSA vs BGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
In my mind it's the same card. If prices are close enough I'd take the 10 every time (cuz I hate Beckett) but if the discount is nice enough I'm more than Ok with the 9.5. They say majority "prefers" BGS for modern stuff but that can also create a demand for modern PSA. And depending on the card/player then population can make a difference. But when you say "price jump because of PSA" it sounds like someone is putting a high price on a PSA 10 hoping they'll find the right buyer. Full disclosure those are my observations and I'm not a Chrome guy and those statements are based on assumptions as you haven't given much detail :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
It's regarding something I passed on at The National. Someone had a PSA 10 Topps Chrome Blake Bortles Auto RC and since I didn't have enough info on PSA 10's I passed. I wasn't sure of the difference on the grades on the modern cards for PSA 10's vs BGS 9.5's.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would agree that they are basically the same card in most eyes since PSA doesn't have a 9.5 grade. I would also figure that, for modern, there's more PSA 10's vs. BGS 10's....not for any one card, just in general.

Last edited:

Latest posts