Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My favorite FCB image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Are you writing?

I have been been posting with some photos etc but of course you know that. When the fall arrives I will certainly write more but my slant is more on vintage which I am not sure appeals as much to the audience on these boards. My hope is that we draw members from across a larger spectrum that would include more vintage collectors to the shiney guys. I also love baseball history and have written some pieces on that as well but have not posted here as this is a Sportscards message board and was not sure those articles would fit the boards criteria.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Dude, write those articles and I will share the #*$% out of them on Twitter. We can attract those types of members here. If no content on vintage is posted (which since running Twitter I can definitely say is not true of this site) then we will never have a vintage presence. Post them!

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I have been been posting with some photos etc but of course you know that. When the fall arrives I will certainly write more but my slant is more on vintage which I am not sure appeals as much to the audience on these boards. My hope is that we draw members from across a larger spectrum that would include more vintage collectors to the shiney guys. I also love baseball history and have written some pieces on that as well but have not posted here as this is a Sportscards message board and was not sure those articles would fit the boards criteria.

I'm a single player collector and pretty much only collect his playing day cards. Once in a while I'll pick up some shiny cards that I like, but not really actively searching for those items. Therefore, I'm more interested in vintage cards, but surely enjoy reading about the history of the game. By the way, I'm very much interested in the photo's you post as well as the information surrounding the photo.

So, I'd sure be one reading your slant on vintage baseball...

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
This is Lee Arthur Smith, phillyfan and muskiesfan

215074_2124433784083_7186811_n.jpg

The one and only time I went to the National. I had an a great time meeting so many board members. Lee Smith was insane! Had a blast talking to him. While he was signing at the FCB booth, I got to shoot the **** with him quite a bit. I asked him what he would do if he were to ever be inducted into the HOF. He told me to celebrate he would roll a huge joint, so big that it would need to be duct taped to his hands. True story. I laughed my ass off. He also signed a baseball for me. He signed 478 Saves and underneath, A Sh*t Load of K's.

Attachments

• Lee Smith.JPG
    Lee Smith.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts