Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROD to sign with Miami?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So the rumor on the street is Alex Rodriguez will sign with the Marlins. What are the thoughts of this? I think it is a bit of a gamble with the chance of a high reward for both parties, a chance for 700 HRS for AROD and a better chance for the 2nd WC for Miami...

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I don't see how there is an upside for Miami. He'll probably need at least 50 plate appearances for those last 4 home runs. And for them to benefit, they would want them all to be at home. And with him playing like Ryan Howard right now, that's a lot of wasted opportunities to score. They're still in the playoff race, even if only for a wild card spot. Rodriguez would in no way help them get there.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Let's not forget, although AROD will not be a big part of the Marlins success (if he signs) but he will still have something to bring to the table. Ichiro has done pretty well for a 42 yr old, why can't AROD?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
He put up a -1 WAR with the Yankees in less than 4 months so all he has to contribute to the Marlins is helping them lose games.

But sure, it's possible he could reach 700 home runs with them. That would be special if you like milestones that have asterisks next to them.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Well he's playing like crap at the moment so if I was in the Marlins front office I would only do it if it makes sense financially. He could turn it around but he hasn't shown any signs that he's going to start batting well and remotely consistently.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Stanton is apparently out for the year. I am sure it makes sense to at least a few people to sign a big name who can possibly hit a little. Not sure how it'd work out in the NL, though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ARod spokesman just said "it's not happening" regarding the Marlins. So much for that.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
How was he so bad this year? Wasn't it just last season he put up some pretty solid numbers over a full season??

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
As for putting people in the stands it's a good move since he's popular in Fla. and so close to 700 home runs. As for putting them in the playoffs, it's a really bad move. I don't think it will happen.

Members online

Latest posts