Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 AL MVP - Who do you have winning Altuve/Betts/Trout?

Who wins the AL MVP?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Among these choices who do you believe has the best chance at taking the 2016 AL MVP?

Jose Altuve - .365 avg 19 HR 74 RBI 1.002 OPS 26 SB 7.0 WAR
Mike Trout - .311 avg 23 HR 77 RBI .982 OPS 20 SB 7.7 WAR
Mookie Betts - .315 avg 28 HR 89 RBI .926 OPS 18 SB 6.9 WAR

If you believe someone else has a better chance select "other" and let us know who.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
It depends who makes it to the playoffs. If Houston makes it, it's Altuve. If Boston, I feel Betts is deserving. Trout will get some votes, but usually if your team doesn't go to playoffs, the voters feel you aren't THE most valuable.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
It depends who makes it to the playoffs. If Houston makes it, it's Altuve. If Boston, I feel Betts is deserving. Trout will get some votes, but usually if your team doesn't go to playoffs, the voters feel you aren't THE most valuable.

Yeah, the only way a player on a non-contending team wins the MVP is if he's significantly better than any other option on a contending team. In this case I don't believe he is.

If the season ended today only the Red Sox would make the playoffs which would make Mookie the easy choice. However we've still got over 7 weeks to go so anything can happen. If both Houston & Boston make the playoffs the decision gets tougher. Or if Trout goes on a historic run to end the season and the other two go into major slumps.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Betts has been incredible lately. And if the Red Sox make the playoffs, he's probably got it.
But there is a lot of baseball left. Someone we're not thinking of could dominate the last quarter of the season and lead their team to the postseason.
But right now, Betts is the MVP.

On a side note, it's nice to see Trout stealing bases again this season.

Hollywood42

Mar 27, 2013
Hey deathy! I don't come here much, but good to see ya. As for the topic, I'll add that it's almost boring what Trout does. Same thing year after year, it's not even eye-opening anymore to see what his stats are. It's incredible

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Hey deathy! I don't come here much, but good to see ya. As for the topic, I'll add that it's almost boring what Trout does. Same thing year after year, it's not even eye-opening anymore to see what his stats are. It's incredible

Howdy Hollywood, I completely agree about Trout. He's consistently incredible year after year that we tend to take it for granted because it's become expected. Pretty much the only thing he can do to catch our attention anymore is hit 50+ home runs or put together a 40/40 season. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he accomplishes either of those things.

Latest posts