Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 1998 Donruss Preferred Sealed Boxes Jeter and McGwire To open or not to open.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Picked these up on eBay and they showed up today. I am tempted to open them and see which sealed Silver tins are in them. (I have the complete Silver tin Set and currently have 13 of the 24 sealed. Been trying to work towards a complete Sealed set. I know each green Box has 1 silver tin in it) Other than that I have everything else I need from the set and the odds of hitting a Precious Metals are astronomical. So........

Which would you do...

1) Open to see which Silver tins are in em then sell off the remaining sealed packs.
2) Open the whole box and hope to land a precious metals
3) Keep the boxes sealed and just add them to my Master set?

In full disclosure I am a sucker for opening late 90's boxes so I am leaning towards number 2.
I wish I had money back in the day at 25 bucks a box I would have cleaned them out

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Are you collecting the Green Tins sealed or just the inner silvers ?

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I am trying to collect the inner Gold, Silver and Green tins Sealed if I can. The large tins are just too bulky. I have quite a few of the large tins but none sealed anymore. My current stats on the Mini tins are as follows

Green (3 Complete Sealed Sets)
Silver /999 (Complete set) 15 of the 24 are sealed
Gold /199 (22 of the 24 tins) 10 of the 22 are sealed (need the Frank Thomas and Paul Molitor to complete the set)
Double Wide Retail Tins Complete Set Sealed (not uploaded to my site yet)

I know I have put this link on my other threads, but I here is what I have as of right now. Scroll to the bottom

http://rgabriele1.wixsite.com/collectible-paradise/donruss-preferred

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well, I did open the boxes last night. Pulled the silver tins out which I needed both.. (Grieve and Chipper Jones) now just going to sell the rest of the Sealed green tins individually.

Members online

Latest posts