Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gary Sanchez & card values

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The next Kevin Maas and Shane Spencer. Yankees who started their careers with tons of homers, then came back to earth.

Sanchez never hit more than 18 homers in five minor league seasons, so speculators are crazy for spending a fortune because of a hot streak.
Anyone who holds on to his cards at these prices is a moron.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I was away the whole weekend since Thursday leaving after work. All I wanted to do was get home and list. Still kills me all the BC autos I've had and moved over the years. Probably, at these prices, I've let a couple thousand dollars go.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wish I had more, but all I have left is a base auto, which ends tonight.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I finally get to move some base chrome nonautos that I've had forever and looks like I'll make out like a bandit on them.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
nrXif9YExO9EI_zpsgcftlzfo.gif

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I only have one chrome. I am really torn on selling it though, I'm a Yankee fan but still... money es money
Sell it and rebuy 20 for the same price next year.
He'll have to be Mike Trout to sustain the prices. He'll be lucky to be a poor man's Jorge Posada and be a .280, 20 homer guy. He didn't even do that in five minor league seasons.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Funny, because Jorge Posada never did that in the minors either...

It's a fair point, but for every Posada who did not do it in the Minors and then was successful in the Majors, there are a hundred Frank Gmur's. (OK, that may be an extreme example as Gmur appears to only have had a single hit in the Minors, and I got his name by randomly searching on Baseball-Reference, but you get the point.) Honestly, even a Posada-like career might not sustain current prices.

IMO it's not that prices can't go higher, it's that they are much more likely to drop than increase at this point. Could they get another boost? Of course, but trying to time the peak of the market is always dangerous.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I tried to sell a base auto from 2010 Bowman for $40 a few years ago and no one would buy it...

Maybe I should dig that card up and sell now!

As I recall, I also pulled a Bubba Starling USA auto from that box. Glad one of them worked out!

Members online

Latest posts