Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rainbow finishing mailday. Finally complete, George Calfas!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I really want to share this mailday here because of the story that goes along with it all. After 6 years of searching, I was finally able to add this card to my collection:

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft red refractor 2/5

This card completes the rainbow for me. As a big fan and player collector of Dunn, I try to complete all of the rainbows. This one has extra significance though.

I can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010, but George Calfas purchased a card for me and sent it to me out of generosity.

2009 Bowman Chrome Draft superfractor 1/1

I was blown away by George's generosity and I still can't thank him enough for this wonderful card (and several others he's sent me through the years). While thanking George for the card, he told me to complete the rainbow. That stuck with me. I wanted to make sure that I did get this rainbow since George had went out of his to make sure I got the superfractor. So once that red showed up on eBay, I knew I had to get it. It has came in and looks amazing. The rainbow is finally complete. It took a few years, but I never forgot George. I finally made good on the rainbow.

Base, refractor, purple

Xfractor /199, blue /99, gold /50

Orange /25, red /5, super 1/1

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Nicely done, Joe! Looks great :D

Awesome job by George to get the ball rolling, too. The Morning Thread strikes again!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Way to go Joe! You have finally dunn it ;) Nice to see you post buddy, and I remember when George sent that your way. What an outstandingly amazing dude!!!