Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Piazza 2016 "The Mint"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

golden contender

Nov 7, 2014
New York
Topps newest cards for this year called "Topps the Mint" They made 3 different Piazza cards one base version limited to 40, a green version limited to 10 and the Red 1/1 version which sold for nearly $2000. I spoke with a few high end Piazza collectors who were shocked this card went so high. Im sure the guy who won was shocked that he had to spend this much on the card too. In comparison the Same 1/1 one card for Trout will sell for far less. Beautiful card of mike Piazza has me eating my heart out. But congrats to the winner

attachment.php

Attachments

• topps mint piazza red.jpg
    topps mint piazza red.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 136

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
That's a beautiful Piazza card. But for that amount as a Piazza collector I would rather buy some rare 90's cards like crusade or certified mirror gold and a nice auto card like his 96 spx.

golden contender

Nov 7, 2014
New York
I agree with you guys, and Its haunting to not have won this card, I collect high end piazza and what I liked about this new The Mint series was that Unlike the Dynasty cards which have 5-8 1/1 cards, this set has just that one card serial numbered 1/1. This guy paid right away from what I understand but he cant be happy to have gone this high. The Trout 1/1 red in this series is going for 1500 or Best offer. I had the chance to buy to for 700 and change and should have bought it. Lesson learned

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
And all four corners dinged.

I'm actually not surprised it went that high. In my somewhat scattered view of the market, Piazza cards seem to be coming up since his induction, and a card like that, from that product, is probably where it should be.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Piazza has a real lack of autos for a player of his caliber. Same can be said of a few others I collect. I do not own a Piazza auto because the lack of them has kept prices high for those that do exist. If he were like all the other players constantly in new sets, I think even a 1/1 auto wouldn't fetch anywhere close to two grand. My thought, he'll eventually sign for topps until his arm falls off and the guy who won this will be hard pressed to ever see a ROI should he sell.

golden contender

Nov 7, 2014
New York
I get most of my Piazza cards on Ebay, not all his autos are too expensive, in fact the prices have come down alot even with the HOF induction, only the high end stuff is high

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I get most of my Piazza cards on Ebay, not all his autos are too expensive, in fact the prices have come down alot even with the HOF induction, only the high end stuff is high

I'm looking to pay no more than $50. It'll be another two or three releases where they are loaded with his autos for this to happen. Right now, I'm just playing the waiting game.

Members online

Latest posts