Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new show Pitch on Fox about the first female pitcher is really good.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have a feeling they're going to ruin this show by turning it into a soap opera like Empire to try to get those viewers.
    FOX is going to ruin it by making it a 42-minute weekly ad for FOX television properties and personalities! Love that Katie Nolan, tho! My sister was over to watch it on the DVR with me and she kept wondering why I kept smiling or laughing throughout the show. It was because of all the FOX promotion that made me smile - every 10 secs or so it seemed like another FOX network show, cable network or on-air personality was weaved into the show. Unbelievable!

Of course the pilot was good. If it sucked, noone would stick around for episode 2. It's what the writers do with the story in ep2 and beyond that will determine if the show stays or goes.

and finally, man that Ali Larter is hot! Even if the story sucks from here on out, I may have to stick with it to see her!

amosrusie
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...a San Diego pitcher relying on on off-speed pitch to get people out. I hope this guy is getting a piece of the pie.

I may binge watch the show later on. Maybe the Padres can win a few games!
    Scott

Did your favorite player ever hit 5 home runs in a doubleheader?

blueberry_12
     Big_Daddy_MC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a terrific show and an accurate representation of the pressures of being a professional athlete. Most only see glitz and glamour, this show takes you inside their life and inside their head in a rare and unexpected way. The first episode was fantastic. Not only do I hope there is more than one season, I hope we see the real thing sometime soon - a female in MLB.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out that my cousin is going to be on this show. October 6th he will be the "bad guy" pitcher for the Cardinals.
    Have 15 minutes to kill? Check out my site...IUjapander Cards

DrSchlong
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the pilot episode. It was a great show. Not sure how far this story can go without loosing it's flair but the writers have to be creative to have a full season in the works. The ending wasn't what I expected but a good/sad one.

I'll watch episode #2 and if it's keeps my interest, I'll keep it on my watch list.

And yes, FOX cant get enough of themselves in this show. I do wonder who's idea it was to focus on the Ellen DeGeneres & Clinton floral arraignments as the FOX networks arnt exactly Democratic friendly.

Fordman

zc3009
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Just watched the pilot episode. It was a great show. Not sure how far this story can go without loosing it's flair but the writers have to be creative to have a full season in the works. The ending wasn't what I expected but a good/sad one.

I'll watch episode #2 and if it's keeps my interest, I'll keep it on my watch list.

And yes, FOX cant get enough of themselves in this show. I do wonder who's idea it was to focus on the Ellen DeGeneres & Clinton floral arraignments as the FOX networks arnt exactly Democratic friendly.

Fordman
    I think I read that it was green lighted for a second season right away, but I could be wrong. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but plan on getting around to it sometime
    Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    I think I read that it was green lighted for a second season right away, but I could be wrong. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but plan on getting around to it sometime
    It only has a series order. No full season contract yet.

My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 3,626

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post

I think episode 2 should have concentrated on her second start (rather than blow the plotline of that start at the end of episode 1).

as for ellen/hillary, I figured it was just chicks supporting chick type thing. I didn't think of it as hating dems or not (but I bet many of the PITCH decision-making suits at fox support democrats despite the fact FNC is anti-democrat).

arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to watch the Season Finale. Only 10 episodes.

My bucket
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 3,626

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
    Going to watch the Season Finale. Only 10 episodes.
    does seem short but considering I think I read they had Petco for only 3 weeks, that seems about right. It might also be that FOX execs didn't know how the show would be received/viewed so they didn't take as much risk in ordering 10 episodes rather than a 20+ episode season.

Season 1 of the fantasy baseball show was not too bad.

dj.miller
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    does seem short but considering I think I read they had Petco for only 3 weeks, that seems about right. It might also be that FOX execs didn't know how the show would be received/viewed so they didn't take as much risk in ordering 10 episodes rather than a 20+ episode season.

Season 1 of the fantasy baseball show was not too bad.
    Agreed, would watch more. Enjoy the Mike Lawson character a lot.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The late, great David Anthony will be disappointed.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...164715771.html

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RagingAcid
     @RagingAcid
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was good while it lasted

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't even have to wait until upfronts in a couple of weeks -- PITCH has been cancelled after one season.

If you want Ginny Baker and Mike Lawson to make out, you're going to have to do it in your dreams.

juangris311
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boo this news! But I get it.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast