Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a real game used laundry tag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I want some opinions on this laundry tag. Does it look like a real game used laundry tag? Considering Turley pitched in the late 50's into the 60's. Is it from a game he maybe coached or managed in? It just looks to new to me to be from when he played. If anyone has any info, clues, or knowledge of it, please let me know

View attachment 64969

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-pitcher-bullet-bob-dead-82-article-1.1303733

yankee-old-timers.jpg

Still participating in old timer's games as recently as 2009.

Huge demand for Bob Turley patches? I think not. It's real, just later era material.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I firmly believe it's from an old timers jersey like people have said, you're correct that it's not from his playing days. I would be very surprised if this card has ever been altered though if that was your question

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
No, I never thought it was altered, but I have seen Panini make mistakes before. Like using the wrong era jersey tag on a Whitey Ford card. I just find it really disingenuous for them to call this a "game used" jersey. Especially when they have cards labeled "player worn." I'm sorry, but an old-timers game is not a real game to me, and shouldn't be labeled as game worn. I'm definitely not bidding on this card now.

Members online

Latest posts