Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Wakefield Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Looks like you got your wish, couple poppin up on eBay already, glad it's payday, looks like prices are all over the map

Dang...I should have said "would love to see my numbers come up in the lottery!"

I will have to keep an eye on those sales.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Here's my trio of fan favorites autos, hope I see a peach and the gold one day.
30fbfaba63954bf9b0280ab4f4770917.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am fairly confident there is no peach. As I have mentioned before, I have been watching this issue pretty closely and there are several auto parallels that do not seem to exist at all. I guess it is possible that none have surfaced on ebay yet, but highly unlikely at this point in the issue. By my count, there are at least 12 players w/o a peach auto and that doesn't include any of the expensive, popular players. I am talking the run of the mill guys.

In addition, I have not seen a "regular" Hirschbeck and Bayless is a SP, otherwise there seems to be a base auto of all the commons. A few blue parallels don't seem to exist (Lasorda, Clark & Manfred) and a few reds (Clark, Manfred) as well. In fact, it would seem only base autos for Clark and Manfred exist. Corky Evans is another that fits that category.

Oddly enough, out of 50 different players I have been trying to get all different color variations for, Wakefield is the only one I have yet to land a single copy of any color!!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Now gold is another story. I have only seen maybe 20 of the gold show up on eBay. My wishlist is Cey, Moon and Mota. I'd add Lasorda to that, but it showed up for $1200 OBO (NOT!).

I have been able to win 2 of them and tried for Kershaw, but went too high for my comfort.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I purchased one of my top 10 wanted cards today, provided that it comes through I will have a monster to cross off the list. I can't wait until i have it in hand, it feels like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Bummer of a day right now, had found a 2000 Pacific Copper parallel that has eluded me for years a couple days ago. I put the order in as quick as I could, just got the notification that the seller didn't actually have it. I'm not mad at the seller, I've bought from them before and they are always great, just sucks crashing down off that high of finding one you weren't sure you would.

Still waiting on my monster to come in through the mail so that softens the blow a bit, still have something to look forward to.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sorry to hear, always stinks to have that happen. Post up the big one once you have it.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
74851f13be99205a762697044acbceb6.jpg

My incoming mail day has me a little jazzed up, been looking through the Timmy box a bit more. Topps black parallels shown above. 2003 through his last Topps baseball set of 2012. I'm only missing 2004, missed it twice on eBay, but none for several years now.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
338268823c1b2651852c4d074ab0fc56.jpg

ITS HERE!!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! I still can't believe this one surfaced. This completes my 2005 Ultimate checklist! Ultimate Materials four variations, Veteran Materials four variations,
Ultimate Hurlers four variations and Triples three variations. I am beside myself with excitement!!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Finally saw a 2017 Snapshots auto pop up, snagged it. I also got the 10x14 prints from Topps, the regular /99 and I got the Gold 1/1. I like new stuff but Topps has got me hooked line and sinker for his stuff. I hope he stays relatively limited. My bank account would thank them.

Members online