Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Restarting....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
On another thread I mentioned making a comeback to my TTM 1990 Score set, but was bugged that certain players had died... I also realized there were a few duals I could never get either. In addition to that the play was a long time ago and the set is the typical old school size. (700+) I am thinking of starting anew with a modern set..... the question is, which one would look the best signed? I have ignored base set designs for such a long time that Im interested in feedback.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The Heritage and Ginter sets are pretty popular with signed set collectors as they look great signed.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Though when you think about the demand for modern superstars like Trout, Bryant, Ichiro, etc it may be cheaper to continue your 1990 set even with the deceased players involved if that's a factor. HOFers of that era can be had for cheap in a lot of cases (Ozzie, Ryno, Boggs, Ripken, etc) at least much cheaper than current superstars

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Consider this: The superstars from the 1990 set were once crazy expensive too. As time marches on, demand generally wanes. Getting the lower tier guys now and plugging away at modern superstars over the next few years is an option. While some of them will likely stay expensive forever, a lot of our superstars will be considered semi-stars in the long run.

Members online

Latest posts