Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay bucks changing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Base reward is going from 2% to 1%. No $5 minimum anymore.

Wonder how this will effect the eBay bucks bonus's that seem to pop up quite often

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I enjoy getting something back for all my purchases but the thought of reward doesn't get me to buy something. with no bonuses (for me) and dropping to 1% I don't see where any incentive is to use their services?
been using less and less anyway.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
1%, 2% equals basically the same thing. I never make buying decisions over that. However, I do take advantage of the 8% and the 10% as much as I can. When I read my messages this morning the first thing I thought about was whether we would continue getting the 8s and 10s.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I wonder if this change will make the bigger "suprise and delight" type of rewards more frequent (IE 8%, 10% etc). That is definitely half glass full, but that would be nice to keep those going as frequent as they seem to have been over the last 6 months.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I get the offers from my non ebay store account but not my ebay store account..

They also will be letting sellers earn EBAY Bucks just for selling as well..

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i'm glad with the changes - unless it's the 4th quarter of a year with tons of new releases coming out, I usually don't meet the $5 ebay bucks amount to get certificate. 1% ebay bucks plus 1% credit card rebate means I'll still get my 2% but won't have to get $5 to even get an ebay bucks certificate.

I don't know what the criteria is for promos - maybe it's your past purchasing history. I haven't seen a promo bucks email in a long time and it's probably because I rarely buy anything over $50 on ebay which it seems like is what most bucks promos require.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
The one this week was 8% on all purchases- no minimum. Was very helpful with Christmas coming up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I never get any of the bonus deals and only because it is free money back for something I'd do anyways, the changes will only hurt me personally but I still can't complain. Otherwise I'd tell them to F off if this was incentive to use their services!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
heads up on the ebay bucks now that we are in January.

the 1% (instead of 2%) change has taken place but the no $5 minimum earn required to get a certificate doesn't take effect until April 1st.

I'm holding off on a lot of ebay purchases on the things that come up often until April because it's fairly hard for me to earn $5 on a 2% cashback let alone at 1% which means I'd have to spend a lot more money on ebay in this first quarter to get a certificate. Once April comes around, I'll be able to get my certificate every quarter due to the no minimum earnings.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

the 1% (instead of 2%) change has taken place but the no $5 minimum earn required to get a certificate doesn't take effect until April 1st.

I'm holding off on a lot of ebay purchases on the things that come up often until April because it's fairly hard for me to earn $5 on a 2% cashback let alone at 1% which means I'd have to spend a lot more money on ebay in this first quarter to get a certificate. Once April comes around, I'll be able to get my certificate every quarter due to the no minimum earnings.
Does it state that the $5 minimum is no longer effective April 1, because that's when the 1st quarter ends and ebay bucks won't be dispersed until April 3rd or 4th?

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio

I made some purchases and only got 1%

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Does it state that the $5 minimum is no longer effective April 1, because that's when the 1st quarter ends and ebay bucks won't be dispersed until April 3rd or 4th?

Ebay is being confusing now.

In my ebay, it says:

Changes to eBay Bucks Rewards Program starting January 1, 2017
Effective January 1, 2017 the Base earnings are changing from 2% to 1%.
Parts & Accessories purchases within the Motors categories and Business & Industrial purchases, excluding Heavy Equipment within that category, will be eligible for earning Rewards and eBay Bucks redemption.
Effective April 1, 2017 rewards will not require a $5.00 earn minimum for an eBay Bucks Certificate to be issued.

-----

In the ebay bucks FAQ, it says:

Additional information about January 1, 2017, eBay Bucks Rewards Program changes

Why are these changes being made to the eBay Bucks Rewards Program?
To maintain the performance of the eBay Bucks Rewards Program, we conduct regular audits of program benefits. The results of these audits may lead to program changes and updates to the program terms, including the changes we are implementing as of January 1, 2017.

Do I need to earn $5.00 or more in a calendar quarter to receive my eBay Bucks Certificate?
No, you will receive an eBay Bucks certificate that reflects whatever earn you accrue in a calendar quarter.

===========

so it's not clear to me. One section (ebay bucks FAQ) says no minimum $5 earn required starting Jan 1st, while another section (my ebay) says effective April 1st (which would be the first earning date of the 2nd quarter).

Members online

Latest posts