Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 MLB Winter Meetings Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I love this time of year. Hot stove is the best.

It looks/feels/seems like Cutch will be with a different team on Friday, but who knows.

Same for Braun.

50/50 on Sale.

What do you hope your team does?

Me personally, besides getting a decent deal for Braun, would be to sell high on Junior Guerrera before the league adjusts to him next year.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Rival executive says the Nationals have a 80-20 chance of landing Chris Sale per Joel Sherman. Talks appear to be "advanced" and Victor Robles as well as Lucas Gioltio would be apart of a package heading to Chicago. Holy...

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
As a Mariners fan.. bring on Braun AND Sale. But, since neither of them are aging DH's that can be signed for the league minimum it'll never happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I see the Cubbies going after a starter and maybe some bull pen help. Need a closer and another left-handed reliever and maybe another bat.
Soler and or Schwarber just might be moved for a big name team controllable starter to a team that needs a OF Bat and or DH

Like Sam [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION] said, I think the Cardinals get Fowler and go after a starter and even a bat off the bench kind of guy to compete better against the Cubbies this up coming season

The Brewers have some pieces to give up and can get good things in return, so they need to work the winter meetings really hard.

Cincinnati needs to keep blowing that team up and look to 2019 or later

Pittsburgh can deal somethings away as well and then look to 2019 as well or even maybe 2018 if they deal right. Mc Cutchen will move on for sure.

As for the Whitesox, they're going to move Sale for sure and I can see the Nationals or maybe Toronto (long shot really and yes I said it) being the place he lands. Dodgers or Giants too or even Boston?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Sounds like Moncada is going to the White Sox along with Kopech and 2 other prospects

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Thornburg...8th inning...check. Sale...front of rotation starter...check. Moreland...1b/DH support...sort of check. Seems like the Sox had a solid day, hope they can win it all this year or next, farm looks decidedly thinner than it was yesterday.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Wade Davis was that close to being traded to the Cubs per Jeff Pasan of Yahoo Sports. The Nationals have entered the bidding for his services which stopped the trade. My guess is Robles and others will most likely be included.

Members online

Latest posts