Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Snipe Failed... What Happened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
The message I get on gixen is: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (1)

When I checked on my bids last night after they sold ebay was just fine. It was gixen that wouldn't load. Fortunately, just a couple fun things and not any must haves or I'd be sad :mrgreen:

Did anyone else have a similar experience last night?

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I wasn't sniping last night but do you use the Gixen Mirror service? I bought it after a Gixen snipe failed and it's worked ever since.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
True. I have had the free service fail a number of different times throughout the years. Usually it is not a single item issue, but some sort of ebay related captiva issue where they were apparently blocked from signing in under my id. I have missed multiple numbers of bids when this type of thing happens. I bought mirror for a year and never had an issue. However, I have been using the site for probably 7+ years, so for a free service (as opposed to those pay per bid snipe sites), it isn't bad until you lose something key.

Givex has failed several of us recently. You get what you pay for.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Great input, guys. Thank you all. I guess I'll just get the gixen mirror service. I didn't realize it's so cheap.

$6 a year, If their Chicago server dont snipe, their Miami one will. I've used the paid service for 2 years now, never missed a snipe that I didnt get outsniped on!

Fordman

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I guess it's like Fight Club. Don't talk about Gixen failing. I had a bunch fail this evening. Maybe it was given trying to tell me something!!