Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Dynasty 1/1 cut is 99.5% fake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have been collecting Hank Greenberg for the better part of 10 years, and have never seen an autograph of his that look like this. I would love to see the COA.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/371820574348

His autographs usually look like this:

There are no characteristics of the Dynasty cut that even resemble any of the usual characteristics of his autograph. Given slight changes, I have given examples above of different iterations of his signature.

What say you all? Could this be an autograph he signed when he was in middle school in the 1920's? Pretty unacceptable from Topps' higher end products.

Look at the auto that is on the "truly yours" card. The one that comes with the card. lol not even close

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
that auto is as fake as her forehead, clearly an implant! looks like Dwayne from Futurama....

odd time to get deja vu... ;)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Is no one looking at the signature in white, which I assume is a younger version, that is the facsimile on that postcard? It actually doesn't look that different.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I thought since it's on something dated from 1947 could his signature have changed a bit say in the years after that one. I know even though I try to sign my name the very same I have the last 20 years, it does like a bit different and even fake to me :lol: at times.

It just might truly be fake though because i'm not a expert one bit.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Is no one looking at the signature in white, which I assume is a younger version, that is the facsimile on that postcard? It actually doesn't look that different.

The signatures on those exhibit cards are not based off of the player's actual signature. They are supposed to give the card a signed "feel," but they aren't intended to approximate any actual autograph. They all appear done in the same hand because they were.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I can't believe I didn't understand the simple concept of the the white signature on the Exhibit card. Must have been a long day. Yes, there are similarities there, but as mentioned above, not sure if they are samples of real signatures or not.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So, the cut looks closer to a facsimile signature that isn't even supposed to his, than it does his actual signature...

Members online

Latest posts