Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Fleer / Panini Sticker Variation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Someone reached out to me with a variation I had never seen before. Here is what it looks like:

e004b12c0c.jpg

The version I have looks like this:

JoseCansecoPC1995093.jpg

Does anyone have any information on it?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was considering texting you a pic of this to see what you thought, but my dang phone is only receiving texts and not sending texts at the moment.
If it's cheap enough grab it. There are stickers out there I have only seen once. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about what actually exists etc.

Also on a side note, package was received and want to say thanks man! Merry Christmas sir.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

May 18, 2012
If it's cheap enough grab it. There are stickers out there I have only seen once. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about what actually exists etc.

Also on a side note, package was received and want to say thanks man! Merry Christmas sir.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

You are welcome - Merry Christmas!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looks like a different issue rather than a variation. The photo is the same or a very close version obviously, but yours looks taller than a standard card and the "variation" looks more like a standard size.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Interesting find. I would guess maybe a Venezuelan issue? I have Panini Venezuelan stickers for 96 and 97 in my PC and always wondered if there were similar issues for other years. Google tells me that Designated Hitter in Spanish is Bateador Designado, so maybe that's what the "B" means on the front. If you grab it let us know the details, especially a scan of the back...

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Interesting find. I would guess maybe a Venezuelan issue? I have Panini Venezuelan stickers for 96 and 97 in my PC and always wondered if there were similar issues for other years. Google tells me that Designated Hitter in Spanish is Bateador Designado, so maybe that's what the "B" means on the front. If you grab it let us know the details, especially a scan of the back...

Yes, it is definitely the Venezuelan version.

The "DaClyde" has spoken the law of the land

Thanks guys! Yeah - this is a tough one, because I can't find any others like it ANYWHERE after searching 1995 Venezuelan sticker, panini, fleer, etc. Any other info appreciated!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The real question is does he have other players available?

In all seriousness that's a nice oddball pickup if you get it. Love adding stuff like that.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The real question is does he have other players available?

In all seriousness that's a nice oddball pickup if you get it. Love adding stuff like that.

Yeah that is a sweet pickup. Mirror golds and autographed cards / 5 are nice and all, but oddball variations are excellent too. Especially from 20 year old sets that you never knew existed. Let us know if the guy with the Canseco has other players for sale!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Yeah that is a sweet pickup. Mirror golds and autographed cards / 5 are nice and all, but oddball variations are excellent too. Especially from 20 year old sets that you never knew existed. Let us know if the guy with the Canseco has other players for sale!

This is the only he has to my knowledge but I'll ask if he has others!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Just an update: After searching, I found that [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] had some cards in the past. They are 1996 SAIM C.A. stickers apparently. Here is a pic he posted a while back:

1996SaimCAVenzuelanSticker.jpg

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Just an update: After searching, I found that [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] had some cards in the past. They are 1996 SAIM C.A. stickers apparently. Here is a pic he posted a while back:

1996SaimCAVenzuelanSticker.jpg

Each one of these should parallels the Panini set with the same numbering. That is the case at least for Greg Maddux #'s 6, 109, and 120. Also, there is another Panini Venezuelan issue from 1998 that I recently came across (but am still looking for). Perhaps Canseco has in this issue in this set?

14362307504_02af1723cf_o.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Each one of these should parallels the Panini set with the same numbering. That is the case at least for Greg Maddux #'s 6, 109, and 120. Also, there is another Panini Venezuelan issue from 1998 that I recently came across (but am still looking for). Perhaps Canseco has in this issue in this set?

There is a checklist for the 1998 set in this blog post:

http://uncatalogedbaseballcards.blogspot.com/2010/04/1998-panini-sticker-venezuelan.html

No Canseco listed.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'd love to get those two Puckett's. I've been searching for them for a couple of years now or so. If anyone has some extras, please let me know.

Happy Holidays!
Jeremy

Members online