Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roberto Alomar Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Howdy! Somehow I missed this post until now. Welcome to the board and thanks for the kind words.

There's actually over 2000 known cards I'm still missing, so I would love to see what you have for sale/trade. On my end, I have a good number of duplicates, although few if any GU/Auto cards. Might still have something you're interested in though. We should compare notes...

The ebay seller I bought the 1992 Colla Auto from was ebbetsfieldboy. I think I saw him post another copy a few months ago, but I don't see that listing up right now. Probably worth emailing him to see if there's any left.

I've seen a few 1992 McDonald's Autos crop up on ebay from various sellers after I bought mine from that pawn shop in Toronto, but again none currently listed. I think they were mostly in the $150 range, although one went for something like $50 at auction...so keep your eyes open for more.

Hi banjar, I'm mostly a basketball/football guy but my baseball PC is Roberto Alomar. That said, since I have a few collections, I pretty much only collect Alomar PSA/BGS RCs and relic/autograph cards and a few others I just like the look of. There are too many regular base/oddball variants for me to track down every card.

I like your collection and writeups about some of the oddballs you've found though. Unfortunately don't have anything on your wantlist. However, if you know the whereabouts of a McDonald's 1992 autograph or another one of those super rare Barry Colla autographs, I'd love to know about them and buy them. Or if you have any other relic/autograph duplicates that you're willing sell, I'd be interested. Keep up the collection and the great posts!

mooshoo

Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for the notes on the 1992 cards. I've been keeping an eye out but there isn't much out there.

Unfortunately, since I usually use ebay for the autograph/game used cards, I don't have almost any duplicates to trade or sell to you. My basketball collection is much bigger and usually focus my attention there - even then rare to have dupes unless I screw up and buy a second one by accident lol. I did buy a couple lots of Alomar cards a few years ago that had standard base cards that I could search through for some variants if there are any you're looking for. I live in Toronto and may have to check into some pawn shops although I've never been to one and they seem a bit intimidating haha.

Anyways, even if we can't get a trade or anything going, it's always nice to talk to someone with the same PC.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Coolio. Keep in touch, and lots of luck with the card searches. And post some scans of cool cards as you get them, or show off some already in the collection? I'd love to see some of the stuff you have picked up.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I do have that one. It looks a little funny because it is cut from a 2-sided sheet, and the "cards" on either side of the sheet don't quite line up. So they are both necessarily off-centered. Looks like a good price for it...

Any chance you have this card?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322698850773

I don't know much, I was curious if it looks better in person, looks fairly rough in the pic but didn't know if it was the card itself or the actual picture used.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Some more recent pickups...

I found this one on COMC the other day and had to have it. Robbie is not the checklist for this set, but he's pictured on this card. This is the second card I've found where the card makers mistook him for his brother, plus another one where they mistook Sandy Jr for him. Love this stuff.

1988 starting lineup talking baseball.jpg

With arrival of the 3-card prism uncut strip, I finally got this run completed. This unlicensed Bleachers set from 1993 has the only card with Robbie playing for the Reno Padres. This had been sitting on ebay for literally years, with no best offer available. So I finally just wrote the guy and made an offer, which he accepted. I am going to start doing this more often.

1993 bleachers run.jpg

Also got this done. I hadn't seen a single 97 legacy for sale in the ~2.5 years since I got back into the hobby, and all of the sudden I picked up all three within a couple months. I really like this 97 showcase set. Every card is just beautiful, and the legacy parallels are awesome with the blue foil and black/white backs. If I had unlimited $ this would be a set I'd consider chasing.

1997 showcase legacy.jpg

Also got the 98 legacies done a while ago. Now on to the masterpieces, shouldn't take long or cost much...

1998 showcase legacy.jpg

This paper proof came the other day, for the 1998 Dugout Axcess set. For some reason I like this set so it was neat to see the modifications made to the final card versus this proof.

1998 dugout axcess front.jpg
1998 dugout axcess back.jpg

This 2004 UD Power Up set seems to be largely forgotten. Or maybe they didn't sell many of them to begin with. For whatever reason they just don't show up for sale often, especially the purple / red / blue parallels. So I never expected to get the 1000 point blue version (rarest one), but then it popped up. Anyone out there have the purple or red parallels???

2005 ud power up.jpg

I'm not into printing plates and almost never buy them, but I liked the 2015 Tribute card so much that I just had to get these. Two more to go...if anyone knows where they are, let me know. Would like to have this one complete set of plates in the PC.

2015 topps tribute plates.jpg

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
It's been a few months since I posted anything on this thread, so checking in to see if any of youse guys has pulled or found any rare Alomar cards? Would love to find anything on the wantlist below, or 1999 Precious Metal Gems, or 2014-2016 Tek 1/1's, or 2004 Leaf Exhibits, or 1998 Fleer Classic 63, or well, anything else I don't have :)

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Hi, Roberto Alomar people. I have the trader jack set give away and am gonna sell the Alomar and break up another set if someone wants the Alomar. I sold one here before and have picked up more gwynns but set still is the expensive for the set.

Anyway to help out I’m willing to sell another Alomar here.

$8 shipped in bubble envelope with tracking or

$6 shipped Manila envelope with cardboard secure

Pm if you want PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
As you might imagine I pay close attention to comings and goings of Alomar cards on ebay. There's a new heavyweight champion for highest sale price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-93-RO...525159?hash=item33e226caa7:g:WssAAOSwgGFac1aG

I've seen maybe 10 of these sell in the past couple years, all in the $200-$450 range. I think I got my copy for about $225. But this one blows them all away - and it's not an especially high grade. I really wonder who bought this, and why?

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
As you might imagine I pay close attention to comings and goings of Alomar cards on ebay. There's a new heavyweight champion for highest sale price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-93-RO...525159?hash=item33e226caa7:g:WssAAOSwgGFac1aG

I've seen maybe 10 of these sell in the past couple years, all in the $200-$450 range. I think I got my copy for about $225. But this one blows them all away - and it's not an especially high grade. I really wonder who bought this, and why?

Those bids are interesting. It jumped from $150 to $706 in one leap...someone really wanted that!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. Those promo refractors actually show up pretty often given how rare they are, so patience can pay off. But maybe somebody just got sick of being outbid and just said f*ck it, I'm getting this one. I was feeling like that for a while, as I missed out on like 6 different auctions as the second bidder...

Those bids are interesting. It jumped from $150 to $706 in one leap...someone really wanted that!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts