Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobby-wise I have a few goals for 2017:
    1) Sell off all items that I do not find any joy in collecting
    2) Pick up 2-3 items related to integration/Jackie Robinson and continue to learn about that time in baseball/American history
    3) Pick up a couple of more WWII-related baseball items (particularly team signed baseballs). Try to find some related to baseball players that I do not have WWII linked items for like Bob Feller. And if there is anything WWII Hank Greenberg related, jump all over it.
    4) Pick up a few more line-up cards with HOF managers. I'd love to pick up at least 1 from before 1950, though those are particularly tough. More reasonable are guys like Yogi Berra and other more recent managers. Others I'd love to find include Walt Alston, Leo Durocher, Eddie Mathews and a ton of others that are much less likely.
    5) Consider collecting a vintage set (or possibly the HOFers from the set). Been considering a couple of sets that I think would be fun, and possibly a decent investment as well.

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    with a handful of days remaining in 2016 it's time to hope and dream about all the good stuff that going to happen for us in the coming year. I'll get it started.

I've learned in the 2 short years I've been a part of this thread. the more vague I am, the more successful I am

1) keep plugging away at my PC and hopefully finish at least one years worth of signatures. 2016 saw HUGE strides in my collection.

2)get supplies and have everything mini snap tite, labeled and team bagged.

3)pick up 3-5 hof patches. not a serious PC but one I am working on slowly

4) personally, I really need to lose about 30-40 lbs. if I can do that I'll reward myself
    Almost 6 months in, any progress?

1) keep plugging away. picked up a few big pieces for myself. needing 6 or less autos for 6 different sets. slow going.

2) bought a ton of supplies. should have doubled my order. not near enough.

3)done. even started a side PC of Spahn

4) I've lost 15 but not a great indicator as I picked up weight lifting again and actually went up a size in pants.
    **looking for Sweet spot, game ball and sweet sigs autos off my needs list.**

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Get rid of a lot of stuff I'm not PCing. Take pictures with my daughter and more minor league players and get 8x10s signed. Help other dads get their kids into the hobby by sending more cards. Non hobby, take Sundays off to have at least one family day

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies
    Decent progress. Need to get more cards to kids though
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just past the half way point on the year here's my progress, would like to hear more on how others are doing.
    1-added one Wakefield that isn't from this year, that was from a fellow collector here, haven't found a single one for sale that I need.
    2-Ive added a little over 200 to my Biggio PC, sitting at 1425ish. 1500 is in the bag.
    2b-still need 2 to complete my 99 Tek Biggio set, 12b and 30b, but have added three gold patterns, win.
    2c-Im at 64 base patterns and did just got my third diffractor a couple weeks back.
    3-painfully missed a couple of Pennocks that got too pricey, but I have added a Flagstead.
    4-No new HOF rookies, had too much fun with my other projects so far, haven't even been shopping for this one.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Just past the half way point on the year here's my progress, would like to hear more on how others are doing.
    1-added one Wakefield that isn't from this year, that was from a fellow collector here, haven't found a single one for sale that I need.
    2-Ive added a little over 200 to my Biggio PC, sitting at 1425ish. 1500 is in the bag.
    2b-still need 2 to complete my 99 Tek Biggio set, 12b and 30b, but have added three gold patterns, win.
    2c-Im at 64 base patterns and did just got my third diffractor a couple weeks back.
    3-painfully missed a couple of Pennocks that got too pricey, but I have added a Flagstead.
    4-No new HOF rookies, had too much fun with my other projects so far, haven't even been shopping for this one.
    Have you seen this years auto's of Wakefield?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Wakefiel...QAAOSw8GtZW6cQ

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's where I am at:

Hobby-wise I have a few goals for 2017:
    1) Sell off all items that I do not find any joy in collecting
    Have sold off some items, but not nearly enough

2) Pick up 2-3 items related to integration/Jackie Robinson and continue to learn about that time in baseball/American history
    Pretty nice progress here. Picked up a Jackie College yearbook and 1948 Cleveland Indians Team baseball - the first team with African American players that won the World Series. Ball has a really nice Satchell Paige autograph (with 2 L's in Satchell, the last year that he signed that way.

3) Pick up a couple of more WWII-related baseball items (particularly team signed baseballs). Try to find some related to baseball players that I do not have WWII linked items for like Bob Feller. And if there is anything WWII Hank Greenberg related, jump all over it.
    Haven't had any progress here.

4) Pick up a few more line-up cards with HOF managers. I'd love to pick up at least 1 from before 1950, though those are particularly tough. More reasonable are guys like Yogi Berra and other more recent managers. Others I'd love to find include Walt Alston, Leo Durocher, Eddie Mathews and a ton of others that are much less likely.
    Just picked up an Alston lineup card. Also picked up a couple of Boudreau lineup cards, along with Al Lopez, Bob Lemon and a second Bucky Harris. On non-HOF lineup cards I picked up a couple of biggies: George Brett 3,000 hit game and Phil Niekro 300 win carbon copies. Also picked up a large lot that included quite a few Torre, Cox, Frank Robinson and Whitey Herzog along with quite a few from Ozzie Smith and Tony Gwynn RC seasons.

5) Consider collecting a vintage set (or possibly the HOFers from the set). Been considering a couple of sets that I think would be fun, and possibly a decent investment as well.
    Picked up a Rogers Hornsby 1921 Exhibits, but have been kind of undecided on whether to try and build the set.
    Last edited by Topnotchsy; 07-06-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Have you seen this years auto's of Wakefield?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Wakefiel...QAAOSw8GtZW6cQ
    Sure have, got the base, blue and red. I just didn't count those toward my number because they didn't exist when I made my goal, I don't just want to tread water, I wanna swim

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Add to my unopened 90s wax collection
    I want to see some pics of this.
    Tradelist (open trade folder): https://goo.gl/9QaZll

2011 Topps Heritage Red/Blue/Green Tints - 57.8% Complete
    2010 Topps Allen & Ginter NNO - 63/350 | 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Bazooka Back - 59/350

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxabuser View Post
    I want to see some pics of this.
    I have added about 30ish boxes of 90s-early 2000s Finest and Bowmans Best. They are at work and I will take a pic when I return to the office on Monday

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    I have added about 30ish boxes of 90s-early 2000s Finest and Bowmans Best. They are at work and I will take a pic when I return to the office on Monday
    That's awesome! I love those old sets.

I picked up 4 boxes of 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123