Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

your acquisitions of the year: 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
just like the title states, 2016 is now officially over (thank goodness) let's see your top pickups

here's a few of mine
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and of course this monster from the mtss (thanks [MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION])
attachment.php

looking at my albums this list could be much bigger. 2016 was a very good year for my collection. will be difficult to keep the momentum going.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I shifted my collection to signed baseballs and other items related to what I felt were historical periods.

Probably the biggest items are:

1947 Dodgers team signed ball (Jackie rookie year)
1946 Montreal Dodgers team signed ball (Jackie in the Minors)
1946 Nashua Dodgers team signed picture (Campanella and Newcombe minor league season). First season that African American players were in the minors.

ce57e8bea4d32903e54a1bc577c2c535.jpg

286ec96b82c6e55589c10b8ffe31fc3d.jpg

5072b96f956614f0f4d09959d4c4b8ab.jpg

ba1f88e9d1dc3bc099e0561f1285ac9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
As I look at all the superfractors and super sweet 90s cards I picked up this year, I find this one the coolest, even though it was one of the cheapest of the big cards. How many bat barrels do you see with the player's nickname on it?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great additions everyone!

Stadium Club has been my favorite "new" set. This Rivera came just this week, numbered to #/25.

2016.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
My favorite pickup this year was actually one of my first! My records show this arrived last January 27th. It's the cornerstone piece of my Phillies Type Set collection and the colors couldn't be nicer

My second huge pickup isn't baseball so pardon the inclusion- it's for my John L. Sullivan collection. I'm related to the former champ and his cards/exhibits that I don't already have and are not stratospherically priced are few and far between! I've been averaging 2 pickups a year despite thorough searching.

It's especially perfect for my PC as it's an issue given out 13 blocks from my house (building is long gone) Here is the printing on the back

I've been working on the monster since 2009. In 2016 I only had 6 pickups as I concentrated on other things. In 2017 I hope to knockout all the remaining minor leaguers. Despite the lack of pickups, of all my collections I consider my T206 set to be my favorite and here is my best pickup in 2016. The best part about this card isn't the player, it's the back. You fellow t206 guys will appreciate

I thought I would dip my toe into the HOF realm of the hobby. I haven't really gotten that far into it- thought this card would be nice start

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm not a hardcore t206 guy but I know enough to know that clean cycle back is absolutely incredible.

The photo used for the Rivera TSC auto is amazing, if that was a pic of him in a wind-up or something like that it wouldn't be nearly as cool. This thread is awesome, I'll have to get my favorites together here soon and post up.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've added probably 500ish cards to PCs this year. Most of those were various base/parallels to my Biggio collection. I'm at the point where my Wakefield collection is slow going and nearly every card is a major addition. Then there is my Red Sox HOF PC which I made some nice additions to. Here are my three favorite:

TIMMAY!! Had never seen one of these pop up before, super psyched about it still.

This was more about having the disposable income, made the jump last spring, happy I went this route instead of a cut auto. Teddy Ballgame!!!

Lastly, I wasn't sure if I'd ever see one in my price range. I don't mind the condition. I like my vintage to look like it has lived a full life. Folks let me introduce you to my friend Mr. CY Young!!!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
My favorite pickup this year was actually one of my first! My records show this arrived last January 27th. It's the cornerstone piece of my Phillies Type Set collection and the colors couldn't be nicer

My second huge pickup isn't baseball so pardon the inclusion- it's for my John L. Sullivan collection. I'm related to the former champ and his cards/exhibits that I don't already have and are not stratospherically priced are few and far between! I've been averaging 2 pickups a year despite thorough searching.

It's especially perfect for my PC as it's an issue given out 13 blocks from my house (building is long gone) Here is the printing on the back

I've been working on the monster since 2009. In 2016 I only had 6 pickups as I concentrated on other things. In 2017 I hope to knockout all the remaining minor leaguers. Despite the lack of pickups, of all my collections I consider my T206 set to be my favorite and here is my best pickup in 2016. The best part about this card isn't the player, it's the back. You fellow t206 guys will appreciate

I thought I would dip my toe into the HOF realm of the hobby. I haven't really gotten that far into it- thought this card would be nice start

Those aren't cards, those are works of art

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
This was my top addition:

2010 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS ALL-STAR JUMBO SLEEVE PATCH #TTAJSP-45 1 OF 1 PATCH.jpg

It finished the set. There are only 3 of these sleeve patches for Mariano Rivera and I have all 3 of them now. I'd put all 3 of them in my top 10 Mo's:

2009 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS ALL-STAR JUMBO SLEEVE PATCH #TTAJSP-47 1 OF 1 PATCH.jpg2014 TOPPS TRIPLE THREADS ALL-STAR JUMBO SLEEVE PATCH #TTAJSP-MR 1 OF 1 PATCH.jpg

Scott F

Members online

Latest posts