Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

****WEDNSDAY MORNING THREAD ************ 1/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Back at work. Hoping to get out of here a little earlier tonight. It is still snowing. The road were good the first 25 miles or so, but then went to crap after that

I did buy this on my tablet so I would have something to read while I'm here
78c533e2262539c2a1f185cdc24cca04.jpg

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning kiddies
I'm doing better then I have for the past week. I'll get better as well.

But you guys will find out soon enough. Some of you Know I have worked for Caterpillar for awhile (actually 10 years and 2 months to be exact). Well we are under Contract negotiations right now for a good deal and a working deal. Well the Company (Caterpillar), thought now was the time to expand on their consolidation of facilities from 2015 and has announce that they are contemplating closing my facility (Aurora IL.) most likely in 2018.

I'm not even upset about this since I had said back in 2015 when they announced that were going to consolidate our campus down from 5 buildings to 3. I said it's only a matter of time that they close the whole place and ship it to other places in the US.

Well today they announce this just might happen, and I'm ok with it really, since I was only going to work there for about 3 more years anyway.

If this happens, it will effect a lot of people, hourly and even management. But I can't change that one bit, nor will I let this potential news break me and get me down. Only I am my keeper and will survive from this.Things happen for a reason and I have been blessed to work for them for 10 years without a layoff one bit.

Peace Richard

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
24 years one warehouse 14 at this one = maybe work part time this summer

Barry back in the summer I told the wife I'm not going to go for my 15 year pin at Cat and even retire for there (if I were to work there until I'm 65) I'm soon to be 54. Well I'm doing 3 and out and she said no way you're going to work there until at less when you get to 59 1/2. Well it doesn't seem to be a place to land now it is it. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts