Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gleyber Torres: Buy-Sell-Hold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Thoughts? Prices have increased 3-4 times (depending on when you bought) since his trade to the Yankees.

Consider this: he would have to do at least exactly as good as Sanchez did during his debut and prices would only increase 10-20% from where they are now.

I can't see anyone being a "BUY" at this point, but I'm always worried about selling on a guy like this, with a fanbase like this, and leaving future money on the table.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Being a Cubs fan who follows their minor league system closely, I'm holding right now on my stuff. He's the real deal and projects to be an All-Star type SS. He was supposed to be a big part of their next wave of young studs along with Eloy Jimenez and Ian Happ. It hurt a lot giving him up, especially for a rental, but bringing Chapman over to help get us a WS was worth it (yeah yeah say what you want about his usage/effectiveness in the WS, we still wouldn't have won without him).

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I have 4 Chrome Autos I'm submitting to bgs tomorrow and I'm holding them. I bought them the afternoon he got traded for $40 each so I'm not in too deep on them.

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I think one thing I always think about is how much I care who makes money after me if I've made enough money myself. Prospecting is just an expensive game of hot potato...

Or as the quote goes...bears make money, bulls make money and pigs get slaughtered.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Hold. As a Yankees fan, it's the only logical choice here. Torres is young. He plays for the Yankees. He plays a premium position. Once he makes the majors, sell immediately.

Members online

Latest posts