Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: My Line-Up Card Collection - New addition 6/27/2018 - oldest lineup card in my collection

  1. #61
    Senior Member clarkzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8,105
     zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Dang Zac, you got it, 1999 Scottsdale Scorpions!

    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/minor...le%20Scorpions


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    At least you found the roster! I just found d pieces of information here and there and put it all together

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

  2. #62
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    I'm thinking it has to do with the 1999 AFL, but I cant find a whole lot of information regarding the league

    Edit- Definitelt the 1999 Arizona Fall League. Very minimal information about the league that year, but COMC has some 1999 AFL prospect cards listed
    Thanks! Great spot on this.

    Was definitely interesting to pick up since Murray was not even on my list of HOF'ers who managed since he never managed in the Majors. Now up to 21 different HOF'ers. Also picked up a 2nd signed lineup card of a big HOF name, but will wait until it is in hand to share...

  3. #63
    Senior Member clarkzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8,105
     zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    Thanks! Great spot on this.

    Was definitely interesting to pick up since Murray was not even on my list of HOF'ers who managed since he never managed in the Majors. Now up to 21 different HOF'ers. Also picked up a 2nd signed lineup card of a big HOF name, but will wait until it is in hand to share...
    Glad I could help! Not too bad for somebody who was only 6 years old when that lineup was rolled out lol.

    I like following your collection though. I only have one line up card myself, one of those that hangs in the dugout, so it isn't signed by the manager. The game wasnt important either and the Twins lost. But the date is important as I was able to snag the line up card from my wedding date

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

  4. #64
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    Glad I could help! Not too bad for somebody who was only 6 years old when that lineup was rolled out lol.

    I like following your collection though. I only have one line up card myself, one of those that hangs in the dugout, so it isn't signed by the manager. The game wasnt important either and the Twins lost. But the date is important as I was able to snag the line up card from my wedding date

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Thatís awesome! Your lineup card is more significant than any of mine for sure!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  5. #65
    Senior Member clarkzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8,105
     zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    That’s awesome! Your lineup card is more significant than any of mine for sure!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    I was just bummed the Twins lost that day! I kept checking the score during the reception But I did get lucky on grabbing it. I emailed the Twins authentics store last year a couple of weeks after the wedding to ask about the lineup card. I was told they would get back to me since Joe Vavra (the bench coach at the time) had been keeping a lot of them and giving stacks of them to the Twins every few weeks. Well, I never heard back. I was told the price would be $75-100 depending on the outcome of the game. At the time, I was willing to overpay at $75 just to have a small piece to tie the Twins to that day in my collection. I go to TwinsFest in January this year and they have a box of line up cards from the past season sitting there. So I start digging through, and sure enough, July 29, 2017 was there. And for $25.
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

  6. #66
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    I was just bummed the Twins lost that day! I kept checking the score during the reception But I did get lucky on grabbing it. I emailed the Twins authentics store last year a couple of weeks after the wedding to ask about the lineup card. I was told they would get back to me since Joe Vavra (the bench coach at the time) had been keeping a lot of them and giving stacks of them to the Twins every few weeks. Well, I never heard back. I was told the price would be $75-100 depending on the outcome of the game. At the time, I was willing to overpay at $75 just to have a small piece to tie the Twins to that day in my collection. I go to TwinsFest in January this year and they have a box of line up cards from the past season sitting there. So I start digging through, and sure enough, July 29, 2017 was there. And for $25.
    Awesome story!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  7. #67
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My Line-Up Card Collection - New addition 6/20/2018 - with a mystery

    8/27/1933

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4573.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	474.4 KB 
ID:	80872


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  8. #68
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,393
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, Walter Johnson! Early '30s Indians, right?
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  9. #69
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Woah, Walter Johnson! Early '30s Indians, right?
    Yup, 1933!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  10. #70
    Senior Member dano7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    7,771
     mantle7man
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!!!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

  11. #71
    Junior Member CollectingCutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!!

    Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  12. #72
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,168
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dano7 View Post
    WOW!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectingCutch View Post
    WOW!!!

    Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Thanks guys! Was happy to pick it up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •