Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: 1988 T&M Sports oddball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
A Ken Griffey Jr popped up yesterday on eBay! Didn’t realize he was in the set, but it may be a pre-rookie card and looks just as nice as the Puckett. I’m still searching for a Puckett by the way from the set. If anyone has one, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I would love more info on this set! I have been talking with the seller on FB and he doesn't really have much to go on either. I would like to know where and when that picture of Griffey was taken? Seems weird for him to be wearing a Mariners uniform in 1988 unless it's Spring Training? Any idea on the Puckett photo? 500 is certainly a lot but if it is a legitimate issue from 88 and is some sort of mock up or test then all in I guess? I have been collecting him most of my life beginning in 89-90 but really started collecting Summer of 98 and have never seen these but that doesn't mean they are not legit.....

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I’m with you, I’d absolutely love more info on these cards. I know the Puckett is definitely legit. I know of three collectors who own one of them. It’s been on my want list since I pulled an early Puckett checklist from the internet in the mid 90’s. I’ve been hunting one ever since.

The logo and styles from the card matches the Puckett and the very common Umpire cards the company also produced at that time.

If someone has a Puckett available to trade for the Griffey, I’d seriously consider buying the Puckett in that price range to finally check this white whale off my list. That is if the seller would go for it, 😀

Sorry I can’t be more help

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
I'm with Jack Straw on this one. I've never seen, nor have I heard of this card for Griffey, and I've been actively collecting him since 1993 with only 2 years off from 2000 to 2002. This, however, doesn't mean it's not legit.

With how much the value of sports cards have gone up these past 5 years, there have been a lot of cards surface that have never before and/or have had very limited surface through the years.

I'm all for this being added to the checklist, albeit an Unlicensed card that never made it like so many others in the late 80s/early 90s.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I'm with Jack Straw on this one. I've never seen, nor have I heard of this card for Griffey, and I've been actively collecting him since 1993 with only 2 years off from 2000

I'm all for this being added to the checklist, albeit an Unlicensed card that never made it like so many others in the late 80s/early 90s.

AGREE 100%

Have no time right now- but in AprilI have 5 days off. I'll dig deeper if I can on WHO put the sets out. Bet their still involved in the hobby

Members online

Latest posts