Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some help with first COMC Submission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey all,

Any hints/tips/advice for sending in my first COMC Sub?

I haven't called yet,and I'm on the East Coast, so I wanted to check for some help before I fully start or send it in. I got the Barcode off the site already and cards (about 1500 of 'em) are packed up in Slider cases in Medium PFR box, ready to go.

Is it really just throw it in box and send it in? Time isn't an issue, so if it takes the full 8 weeks, I'm fine with that.

Also, it will probably be my only Sub, at least for quite a while...

TIA all!

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
That's pretty much it. You might want to insure it...worth the few $$$ if the whole thing goes missing, depending on the value. And be sure to add the tracking # to your submission details on COMC.com. Somewhere after week 4, you'll probably start to see cards trickle into your account. Be sure to have some money in your account. Given that this is your first submission, I don't know how far into the negative they'd let you go. But since they do the incremental processing now, if the cards sell well, you could probably have the first half of the submission pay for the last half.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Sorry if I hijack your thread, but do many of you see COMC as the best way to move inserts, RCs, and parallels. I have a bunch of cards like this, but can't come up with a great way of moving them

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I'm also curious. I have a ton of low end panini prizm and donruss stuff just lying around. Does that type of stuff move ok on there?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm also curious. I have a ton of low end panini prizm and donruss stuff just lying around. Does that type of stuff move ok on there?

No worries man.

I have 1500+ "good", not great inserts and wanted to try this way of getting SOMETHING from them...

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Really it comes down to how badly you want to sell. If you get too precious with your cards, they'll just sit there. If you're motivated to move them and are willing to price them to move, they'll probably get bought by someone else looking to flip them on the site. Think less about how much you think the cards are "worth" and focus more on how much you have invested in them when considering how to price them.

WaxPax

I've pretty much given up on selling through ebay at this point. It's far easier for me to send one box off to COMC, especially with all the selling issues (buyers cherry picking items, buyer remorse, charge backs, shipping scams & etc.) that comes with ebay. For me it's a matter of weighing the 20% buyout charge at COMC vs the 10% ebay & 3%Paypal fees. It's worth it, especially on cards in the $3-$7 range which I may have never sold otherwise.

I would be mindful of cards that have large amounts of inventory already listed. I often see newly listed cards and there are 100+ copies available.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Thanks for all the info so far, one more bump for the Weekend.

Planning on sending them out Monday AM...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Didn't get the cards sent out until recently. They received them OK a couple weeks back and "rejected" 128 of 'em due to condition. I was warned to expect that but still kinda bummed.

That's about 15% of the group I sent in.

Oh well...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts