Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 new HOF inductees- 2017 BBWAA Voting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Hoffman is confusing to me, to me he's such a no brainer. These writers annoy the crap out of me. They're so sanctimonious talking about PEDs and I don't think any of them played. I like Verducci until he talks about his vote

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Bagwell and Pudge I agree with.

When I think HOFer, I think someone who dominated the sport for years. It just doesn't feel like Raines was a dominant force.

And Bagwell never had steroids cloud his name? I thought he was in that mix.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
thomasbagwell.jpgrodriguezi99spsig.jpgjonesrodriguez.jpgRaines TTM card.jpg

I agree that Raines does not jump out at me as a HOFer. Played a long time. Nice numbers but other than SB's nothing jumps out at me.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Tim Raines (eye roll)

Pudge on the other hand, very happy for him and well deserved... we might be neighbors too, so that's pretty sweet :cool:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Glad Raines finally made it.
One of the greatest leadoff hitters of all-time and he retired with the best career stolen base success rate ever among players with 300+ attempts.

Among switch hitters, Raines ranks sixth in career hits, fourth in runs, walks and times on base.

Bill James ranks Raines as the 40th greatest non-pitcher in baseball history according to his win-shares formula.

He was a dominant player in the '80s like Rickey and would have easily had 3,000 hits if lupus didn't derail the last decade of his career.

And as a Rangers fan, stoked about Pudge!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2016
" How the f*** is Jeff Bagwell being inducted into the Hall of Fame and Mark mcgwire's not that is disgusting"
Jose Canseco

What a tool this guy is. I think he should just sew his lips shut and crawl in a hole.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Well it's about time for raines.

With that, every topps set from 1971 to 1992 has a RC of a HOF player.

DTA

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm happy for all three of those guys. Well earned congrats to them.
I can't stand the voting, it will never be perfect but what put raines over the top this year!?!? It's been awhile since he swiped a base. Pretty upset about Hoffman and vladdy, they should have made it.
I look at the ballot and the steroid era really mucks it up but they get to vote 10 in, Tim Raines should not have waited this long, it's not like they were electing 10 guys a year until now. And for the ~26% that didn't vote for hoffman, why not? What are we waiting for? His fastball/changeup combo won't improve before next January, when he will likely get in.
I have to stop or my rant will become uncontrollable.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
" How the f*** is Jeff Bagwell being inducted into the Hall of Fame and Mark mcgwire's not that is disgusting"
Jose Canseco

What a tool this guy is. I think he should just sew his lips shut and crawl in a hole.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Tool maybe. But that was one of my first thoughts too. Didn't Bagwell have a cloud of steroid suspicion around him? He was one of the more exciting guys to watch when I was growing up, so I'm glad to see him in. But you know who else was exciting? Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, A-Rod, Manny. But that's another discussion.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The value of this card just went up.. not much but a little..

lms-tr.jpg