Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Very Odd Pull from a Case of Heritage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Hey all. I just got done ripping a case of 2015 Heritage. The break was decent with a few nice hits. The best hits were a Rizzo Auto/Jersey #/25, Mathews Stamp #/50, Bogaerts Mini #/100 and Black Ref Dee Gordon #/66. One card had me scratching my head. Here's the Topps Original Box Toppers. Notice anything?
THBuybackLot_zpspbemppir.gif

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
That the Schneider is stamped on the opposite side as the others?

My guess is that each year was stamped the same, based on the design.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i think he means that all but the schneider are 1966 topps while that one is a 1968....

i never broke any of that product so i'm not aware - were all the originals supposed to be from a single year (and you got an odd one) or were they supposed to feature multiple years and you just got a coincidentally 1966-heavy pack ?

Last edited:

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
i think he means that all but the schneider are 1966 topps while that one is a 1968....

i never broke any of that product so i'm not aware - were all the originals supposed to be from a single year (and you got an odd one) or were they supposed to feature multiple years and you just got a coincidentally 1966-heavy pack ?

Bingo. All of the "buybacks" are supposed to be from the 1966 set. I've opened countless cases of Heritage and have never seen one from a different year.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
These were inserted in base Topps as well, so a stamped 1968 card isn't wrong, just shouldn't have been in Heritage. On the other hand, you did get the rare Dan Schneider BJ card, so there's that.

Members online