Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newest hof pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Not the typical hofers but still in the hof
Joe garagiola

Red barber

Vin scully

Ernie harwell

Harry Caray

Other announcers I want next Mel Allen , jack buck , harry kalas and bob uecker any other announcers I should add?? Thanks

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I suppose every team has had their great announcers, but unless you follow the team or live locally, you may never even have heard of them. I bought a TTM card of Milo Hamilton on ebay for example. I believe he was an Astros announcer and think the card or auction description said he was in the HOF as well, but I had never heard of him. It was cheap and a unique type card, so I said what the heck.

Dave Niehaus is one that I would add to a collection like that because I have grown up in the Seattle area and he was definitely the voice of the Mariners the way those other guys were the voices of their teams (Did you know? Harwell was a Dodger announcer for a brief time early in his career like Barber and Scully…and Jerry Doggett too. I have been researching Dodger personnel recently for my autograph collection.). "My oh My!"

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
As a Sox fan I love Jerry Remy and will always enjoy Don orsillo, even though he's in San Diego now. I think the man orsillo is taking over for is worthy of being in that collection. Dick Enberg was a great baseball announcer and he did other sports quite well too.

For anyone who hasn't heard Dennis Eckersley call a game I highly suggest it, it's like your sipping a miller high life watching the game with your animated uncle.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Those are awesome. I especially like the Red Barber.

Remy is great. He can be truly funny. Being in CT I watch the Red Sox broadcast when they play the Yankees. The Yankees main announcer is awful, their radio people are maybe the worst in all of sports.

I remember him and Orsillo with this one fondly. It was a running joke for weeks.

Scott F

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Kalas signed a ton, so he shouldn't be too hard to find. Richie Ashburn, is in the HOF as a player was his long-time broadcast partner...

Of the current guys who should get in, I'd say Bob Costas, Jon Miller and Gary Thorne would be locks down the road.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Nice line up of announcers you have there.

As a guy who grew up listening to Hall of Famer Jack Brickhouse who was the Cubs broadcaster for decades, I will, of course, feel like you should add him to your mix. Brickhouse had the honors to broadcast so many World Series and All Star Games on the national broadcast and can be heard when one views the old videos on YouTube for these games.

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
Not the typical hofers but still in the hof

Other announcers I want next Mel Allen , jack buck , harry kalas and bob uecker any other announcers I should add?? Thanks

These are awesome! Now I need a Jack "We'll see you tomorrow night" Buck, and John Gordon (Twins radio) in my collection. Gordon was the guy I grew up with listening to Twins baseball. Me and my dad would go fishing and we would bring the radio out in the boat to listen to the game. It was kinda funny, I still remember that the AM station would cut the power to their signal at 9:00 or something, so we usually only got part of the game anyways. The only games I watched live were games we went to. Otherwise it was watched through the words of John Gordon until I was probably 12.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I happened to stumble upon one that may be another pick for this subset. Bob Wolff. I ended up getting his Panini auto for $2.99!

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Picked up a bob uecker this week
If you ever get a chance watch his hof speech. Very funny and one of the best I've heard

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Latest is milo Hamilton. Had no idea he did hank Aaron's 715 home run call

I can recite that call pretty perfectly, and not just the words, but Hamilton's tone, timing, and inflection. That's because I was tour guide at the Louisville Slugger museum for ten months in 1999-2000, and that call was one of a few that came over the PA in the ballpark room every ten minutes or so. I heard it several hundred times while I worked there. Funny that I don't recall any other HR calls from that loop, just Hamilton's "That ball is gonna be……outta here! It's gone! It's 715! There's a new home run champion of all time, and it's Henry Aaron! The fireworks are going, Henry Aaron is coming around third, and listen to this crowd!"

Sorry for the side bar. Nice pick-ups for your collection, for sure.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Been to that museum twice and I really enjoyed it. I've heard that call on every baseball show regarding Aaron- but had no idea who actually made the call. Once I started collecting hof announcers and someone here mentioned milo Hamilton I found out he made the call.

QUOTE=Mighty Bombjack;2449215]I can recite that call pretty perfectly, and not just the words, but Hamilton's tone, timing, and inflection. That's because I was tour guide at the Louisville Slugger museum for ten months in 1999-2000, and that call was one of a few that came over the PA in the ballpark room every ten minutes or so. I heard it several hundred times while I worked there. Funny that I don't recall any other HR calls from that loop, just Hamilton's "That ball is gonna be……outta here! It's gone! It's 715! There's a new home run champion of all time, and it's Henry Aaron! The fireworks are going, Henry Aaron is coming around third, and listen to this crowd!"

Sorry for the side bar. Nice pick-ups for your collection, for sure.[/QUOTE]