User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest hof pickups

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up a bob uecker this week
    If you ever get a chance watch his hof speech. Very funny and one of the best I've heard

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest is milo Hamilton. Had no idea he did hank Aaron's 715 home run call

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baberuthfan View Post
    Latest is milo Hamilton. Had no idea he did hank Aaron's 715 home run call
    I can recite that call pretty perfectly, and not just the words, but Hamilton's tone, timing, and inflection. That's because I was tour guide at the Louisville Slugger museum for ten months in 1999-2000, and that call was one of a few that came over the PA in the ballpark room every ten minutes or so. I heard it several hundred times while I worked there. Funny that I don't recall any other HR calls from that loop, just Hamilton's "That ball is gonna be……outta here! It's gone! It's 715! There's a new home run champion of all time, and it's Henry Aaron! The fireworks are going, Henry Aaron is coming around third, and listen to this crowd!"

Sorry for the side bar. Nice pick-ups for your collection, for sure.
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 252 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

GO ROCKIES!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been to that museum twice and I really enjoyed it. I've heard that call on every baseball show regarding Aaron- but had no idea who actually made the call. Once I started collecting hof announcers and someone here mentioned milo Hamilton I found out he made the call.

QUOTE=Mighty Bombjack;2449215]I can recite that call pretty perfectly, and not just the words, but Hamilton's tone, timing, and inflection. That's because I was tour guide at the Louisville Slugger museum for ten months in 1999-2000, and that call was one of a few that came over the PA in the ballpark room every ten minutes or so. I heard it several hundred times while I worked there. Funny that I don't recall any other HR calls from that loop, just Hamilton's "That ball is gonna be……outta here! It's gone! It's 715! There's a new home run champion of all time, and it's Henry Aaron! The fireworks are going, Henry Aaron is coming around third, and listen to this crowd!"

Sorry for the side bar. Nice pick-ups for your collection, for sure.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest one. The first announcer elected into the hall of fame. The voice of the Yankees- Mel Allen. I remember him just from this week in baseball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12