0 Thread(s)

Newest hof pickups

Not the typical hofers but still in the hof
    Joe garagiola

Red barber

Vin scully

Ernie harwell

Harry Caray

Other announcers I want next Mel Allen , jack buck , harry kalas and bob uecker any other announcers I should add?? Thanks

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose every team has had their great announcers, but unless you follow the team or live locally, you may never even have heard of them. I bought a TTM card of Milo Hamilton on ebay for example. I believe he was an Astros announcer and think the card or auction description said he was in the HOF as well, but I had never heard of him. It was cheap and a unique type card, so I said what the heck.

Dave Niehaus is one that I would add to a collection like that because I have grown up in the Seattle area and he was definitely the voice of the Mariners the way those other guys were the voices of their teams (Did you know? Harwell was a Dodger announcer for a brief time early in his career like Barber and Scully…and Jerry Doggett too. I have been researching Dodger personnel recently for my autograph collection.). "My oh My!"

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Sox fan I love Jerry Remy and will always enjoy Don orsillo, even though he's in San Diego now. I think the man orsillo is taking over for is worthy of being in that collection. Dick Enberg was a great baseball announcer and he did other sports quite well too.

For anyone who hasn't heard Dennis Eckersley call a game I highly suggest it, it's like your sipping a miller high life watching the game with your animated uncle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are awesome. I especially like the Red Barber.

Remy is great. He can be truly funny. Being in CT I watch the Red Sox broadcast when they play the Yankees. The Yankees main announcer is awful, their radio people are maybe the worst in all of sports.

I remember him and Orsillo with this one fondly. It was a running joke for weeks.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kalas signed a ton, so he shouldn't be too hard to find. Richie Ashburn, is in the HOF as a player was his long-time broadcast partner...

Of the current guys who should get in, I'd say Bob Costas, Jon Miller and Gary Thorne would be locks down the road.
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94.

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.

Featured Contributor
    Vintage Corner

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice line up of announcers you have there.

As a guy who grew up listening to Hall of Famer Jack Brickhouse who was the Cubs broadcaster for decades, I will, of course, feel like you should add him to your mix. Brickhouse had the honors to broadcast so many World Series and All Star Games on the national broadcast and can be heard when one views the old videos on YouTube for these games.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I forgot about brickhouse. Did niehaus do the call for Edgar's double ?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baberuthfan View Post
    Thanks guys. I forgot about brickhouse. Did niehaus do the call for Edgar's double ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baberuthfan View Post
    Not the typical hofers but still in the hof

Other announcers I want next Mel Allen , jack buck , harry kalas and bob uecker any other announcers I should add?? Thanks
    These are awesome! Now I need a Jack "We'll see you tomorrow night" Buck, and John Gordon (Twins radio) in my collection. Gordon was the guy I grew up with listening to Twins baseball. Me and my dad would go fishing and we would bring the radio out in the boat to listen to the game. It was kinda funny, I still remember that the AM station would cut the power to their signal at 9:00 or something, so we usually only got part of the game anyways. The only games I watched live were games we went to. Otherwise it was watched through the words of John Gordon until I was probably 12.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I happened to stumble upon one that may be another pick for this subset. Bob Wolff. I ended up getting his Panini auto for $2.99!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up jack brickhouse

And curt gowdy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob costas

Harry kalas

Jack buck

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great additions. Thanks for sharing.
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you doing just announcers or Ford Frick Award winners?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford frick HOFers but I figured that bob costas would get in eventually and I couldn't pass up one psa on a vintage American League ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    Are you doing just announcers or Ford Frick Award winners?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast