Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Score and Sportflics Promos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
As some of you know, my mission in life is to acquire every Don Mattingly card ever made during his playing years and a few years thereafter (up to 2000). Recently I was able to pick up one of my white whales - the 1990 Sportflics promo card. For years I have had this card on my checklist but never saw one and was beginning to think it didnt exist. If anyone has any information about them please let me know as Im curious to find out how they were distributed and how rare they really are. The only other Sportflics promo I ever saw for sale was a Wade Boggs.

In acquiring the Mattingly I was also able to pick up 1990 Score promo cards and 1990 Sportflics promo cards of a few other players. Before I consider selling them or throwing them up on ebay I thought I would reach out to fellow collectors who may be in need of these promos for their PCs and see if we can work out a trade.

Here is a list of the cards that I have:

1990 Score Promos

Nolan Ryan
Roger Clemens
Wade Boggs (2 copies)

1990 Sportflics Promos

Kirby Puckett
Mark Grace
Roger Clemens
Robby Thompson
John Smiley
Bobby Bonilla

Here are some Mattingly cards that I am looking for. Im always open to other super rare Mattingly cards, but they need to be super rare (if they are not I probably have them already) and prior to 2000 as I dont really collect any Mattingly cards that were made after that.

1986 Donruss Highlights (White Ink) - #48
1986 Donruss Highlights (White Ink) - #53
1988 Score Promo (zero stat line or any prototypes)
1988 Topps Cloth Card
1990 Classic 4 in 1 Promo Card
1996 Fleer Tiffany (Gold Foil)
1999 Bowman Best Franchise Favorites w/ Jeter (Autographed) - FR1C

1989 Broder Action Superstars (MLB logo on front)
1989 Playball USA (MLB logo on front)
1992 Popeye and Friends Promo Card
1995 ProMint Diamond Promo Card
1995 Signature Bats Promo Card

Boggs Back.jpgBonilla and Grace.jpgClemens and Pucket Back.jpgClemens and Ryan Back.jpgScore Front.jpgSportFlics Front.jpgThompspn and Smiley.jpg

Apr 13, 2010
Congratulations on making two big additions to an already incredible collection! I didn't even know Kirby (or anyone else for that matter) had a 1990 Sportflics Promo. Always excited to learn about new cards.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Wow! That's incredible. I've collected those for years and haven't seen such heavy hitters. How in the heck did you stumble upon those beauties? I'm definitely interested if you decide to sell.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
Congratulations on making two big additions to an already incredible collection! I didn't even know Kirby (or anyone else for that matter) had a 1990 Sportflics Promo. Always excited to learn about new cards.

Thanks so much. I was close to taking the mattingly off of my list since I've never seen one before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Does anyone else have a 1990 Sportflics Promo? So far the confirmed checklist is

Mattingly
Clemens
Puckett
Smiley
Grace
Thompson
Bonilla
Boggs
R. Alomar (I have one)
Moreland (I have one)

All of these have blue borders on the back. I would also guess that the blue border players all had a promo. But does anyone else have - or know of - confirmed copies of other players?

Jan 14, 2009
Does anyone else have a 1990 Sportflics Promo? So far the confirmed checklist is

Mattingly
Clemens
Puckett
Smiley
Grace
Thompson
Bonilla
Boggs
R. Alomar (I have one)
Moreland (I have one)

All of these have blue borders on the back. I would also guess that the blue border players all had a promo. But does anyone else have - or know of - confirmed copies of other players?

Correct. Every blue border player has a promo version.

I’ve seen several over the last 15 years, mostly commons. Jeff Russell and Fred McGriff have been listed in the Gilkeson E&V guides since 1990.

Members online