Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest and Greatest Sizemore Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
TL;DR: bought a card that might be real.

Long version:
Throughout his 17 card-years, Grady Sizemore had numerous GU cards including logomen, barrels, patches of all kinds, and innumerable regular jersey cards. Relatively few plain bat cards. But he never had a knob card until 2016 Topps Tier One. This is odd, because not only didn't he play last year, but it was his only card in the product, not being in the base set or any other insert. Anyway, I was able to acquire this card. It arrived last night and I love it.
s-l1600.jpg

However, something about it was odd. I've got several gamer bats, and all those and all the photos I could recall show him using Louisville Sluggers. But the maple leaf sticker is a Sambat thing. I couldn't recall him using Sambat, ever. I started googling, and I found an old listing where someone was selling a 2001 bat (wish I had seen it way back then). That gave me a clue, so I started looking at cards from 2001-2002 and dang if he didn't use Sambat when he was in A ball, at least. I feel better.
s-l1600.jpg

Members online