Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is the current market over-saturated with Kris Bryant cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I know I might get crucified for even asking, but I feel like the hype is over-hyped. He is all over so many products of late.

Since 2013, he has over 3,000 cards according to Beckett. O can't remember such mass production of a single player in such short amount of time.

However, I don't think that this trend will stop anytime soon. Do you think that the amount of KB autographs in products (especially in Transcendent) devalue is autograph because they are so plentiful?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Absolutely! He's what's hot right now, so card companies are flooding the market with his stuff. This is one reason why I don't like the future of cards, especially modern, holding value. You'd think the card companies would've learned a lesson from the late 80's-early 90's, but they just keep on pumping out cards and saturating the marketplace. There's really only Panini and Topps right now, but they each have so many different sets every year that the values in modern are unsustainable.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I think the answer is clearly yes regarding KB.

But, I think the market is over saturated with many types of cards right now - particularly autos. Remember when a certified Cal Ripken or Ken Griffey auto was a rare thing? With so many auto focused products now these are popping up everywhere. As a collector, I like that these are now more attainable to me. As an investor, it would suck.

Members online

No members online now.