Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Diamond Icons Baseball - Releasing June 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
2017 Topps Diamond Icons Baseball Cards Box Hits:

(7) Autographed Cards
(2) Autographed Relic Cards
(1) Relic Card

2017 Topps Diamond Icons Baseball Cards CASE Hits:

(2) Cut Signature Cards

2017 Topps Diamond Icons Baseball Cards PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

(6-7) Autographed Cards in Every Box!
Diamond Icons Autographs - 50+ subjects with a Regular & Red Ink Signature versions
Diamond Autographs - 40+ subjects
Parallels for all three: Purple #'d to 10, Red #'d to 5, Gold #'d 1/1
(2) Autographed Relic Cards in Every Box!
Autographed JUMBO Patch Cards - 30+ cards, #'d to 25 or less. Each relic piece will be authenticated under the auspices of the MLB Authentication Program.
Parallels for all three: Purple #'d to 10, Red #'d to 5, Gold #'d 1/1
Autographed Relic Cards - 30+ cards, #'d to 10
Single-Player Dual Autographed Relic Cards - 10+ cards, #'d to 10
Dual-Player Dual Autographed Relic Cards - 10 cards, #'d to 10
Parallels for above three: Red #'d to 5, Gold #'d 1/1
(1) Relic Card in Every Box!
Single-Player Relic Cards - 30 cards #'d to 10
Dual Book Cards - 5 cards, #'d to 10
Parallels for both of above: Red #'d to 5, Gold #'d 1/1
Diamond Relics - 10 cards, featuring Real Diamonds #'d to 3 with a Gold Parallel #'d 1/1
Primary Piece Relic Cards - 15+ cards featuring JUMBO-sized pieces of game-worn cleats #'d to 10 with a Spikes Relic Gold Parallel #'d 1/1
MLB Silhouetted Batter Logo Patches - 15+ cards #'d 1/1
(2) Cut Signature Cards in Every Case!
Up to 100 Cut Signature Cards #'d to 4 or less
Gold Parallel #'d 1/1

Sell Sheet
http://gogts.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-Topps-Diamond-Icons-Baseball-Cards-Sell-Sheet.pdf

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Looks fairly nice to me, if not kinda generic. As always, the sell sheet cards look pretty amazing, but it's all about the checklist. That is particularly true about the most intriguing aspect of this set (and the main selling point), the cut autos. The on-card autograph subjects will be the same as every other Topps set, but this looks to be the most cut-centric set they've ever made. A cut from every other box?

I wanna see that cut checklist and the price point. Any guesses on the latter?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Hey look! Another all hit product with the same checklist as all the other high end all hit products!

Looks like a fine set of cards, but how many of these sets do we need? Is this replacing anything? So much market saturation.

I will probably buy some though... :(

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
I don't know about anyone else but seeing plain jersey swatches in such a high end product just kills me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know about anyone else but seeing plain jersey swatches in such a high end product just kills me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I really don't know why they bother anymore. It honestly takes more money to create a plain GU card than the .99 that the majority of them sell for.

You need to buy jerseys to get the patches, obviously, and I guess they need to provide a certain number of "hits" per product. It just feels like they could add similar value by creating several beautiful, low-numbered inserts (think the 1990s thread here), which would save money on the production side.

Members online