Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Rediscover Buybacks Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
These two blue's came in a recent COMC shipment. I've said it before, I love blue foil. Love it.

35043106204_0bc1522432_z.jpg

Also from COMC added the silver and gold for Billy Beane's 1987 Topps (already had Bronze). Missed the blue on eBay at some point in the last 6 months. If anyone can help me with the blue or red Beane, it would be appreciated! I'm surprised more Beane's haven't shown up in general.

35494527310_2958e17693_z.jpg

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
It's all over the map- I've picked up seemingly 7-8 Bronze ones of my player but haven't seen a red or blue listed since launch day. Only speaks more to the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to which cards get stamped.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Anyone put together a "rainbow" of one particular card yet? I'm short the red. (Edit - just saw the Grubers in this thread managed (and only seen) one Zimmer red.

That was my Gruber rainbow, I found all of his 1987 cards. I'm one card short of rainbows for his 1988, 1989 and 1990 cards too (2 red, 1 blue).

It's been a long time since a red or blue Kelly Gruber buyback has shown up...

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
These rediscover cards are baffling to me. Currently, I have 26 different which can be seen here: http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/my-have-list?bwg_search=rediscover&page_number_0=1

I have NEVER seen a red on any of them, and some I've seen gold/silver/bronze but never blue. Others, I'll have seen 2 blue but no bronze, etc. So, so strange. I don't know if Topps stuck with the same production numbers across the board on these colors, or if they even missed some colors for certain players, but they have been out for nearly SEVEN MONTHS - you'd think that since they were offered over multiple products, that more would have come to light.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
These rediscover cards are baffling to me. Currently, I have 26 different which can be seen here: http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/my-have-list?bwg_search=rediscover&page_number_0=1

I have NEVER seen a red on any of them, and some I've seen gold/silver/bronze but never blue. Others, I'll have seen 2 blue but no bronze, etc. So, so strange. I don't know if Topps stuck with the same production numbers across the board on these colors, or if they even missed some colors for certain players, but they have been out for nearly SEVEN MONTHS - you'd think that since they were offered over multiple products, that more would have come to light.

A) I'm now glad I decided against adding these beyond gifts I've received
B) You could NOT convince me that Topps put any planing or organization into these beyond taking unsorted stacks of cards and ramming them through the stamper in random order. There's just no way in hell they did it or even considered doing it any other way

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yah, I don't get the appeal either. Common penny cards with new stamps on them.
It seems like it's just taking advantage of rabid player collectors with OCD by offering something "new" of their players.

Bingo. I won't be adding any.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Picked this up at a card show last weekend for $1. I know the red is the most rare so I grabbed it. Not sure what I could sell it for on eBay, any thoughts on value and print run? Thanks.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Picked this up at a card show last weekend for $1. I know the red is the most rare so I grabbed it. Not sure what I could sell it for on eBay, any thoughts on value and print run? Thanks.

It is hard to say. You have a not-so-collected HOFer, but the 1987 set seems to bring a premium. Definitely can't go wrong for a buck!

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
It is hard to say. You have a not-so-collected HOFer, but the 1987 set seems to bring a premium. Definitely can't go wrong for a buck!

Haha true. It appears to be in decent shape too, which I know can be tough. I'll probably just list it BIN with a best offer and see what happens.

Members online